RA Long HS Weekly Newsletter
Sunday, January 9, 2022
It was great to see our 21 staff members and 54 students that showed up to Saturday School for an opportunity to raise their grades, get caught up, and have some 1:1 time with teachers to get in a position to earn semester credits as this first semester winds down. Thank you to all that showed up to provide and experience this catch up session.
In regards to COVID:
For school staff, parents and guardians, the omicron variant brings renewed concerns about COVID safety in schools and impacts on normal school operations. In addition to maintaining our safety protocols we will continue to monitor information from the state and local Department of Health. We have yet to confirm a transmission in the school setting. Students masked up and a minimum of 3ft apart has helped in keeping these transmissions from occurring on our campus.
We will continue offering free COIVD testing for current students and staff members on days when school is in session. We may be in a situation that substitute staff are needed. In this case, we need our students to step up and be part of the solution in learning, not part of the problem. I have the utmost confidence that our students will show up and do the right thing.
We are grateful for your ongoing efforts to keep your family and our schools safe. Thank you for your vigilance as we continue to navigate the pandemic.
R Reeves , Principal, RA Long HS
Notable Events In January
January 15: Saturday School: Make up day to complete assignments 9am-11am
January 17: NO SCHOOL.. Martin Luther King Day
January 22: Saturday School: Make day to complete work to earn credit. 9am-11am
January 25: End of Semester 1
January 26: Records Day..NO SCHOOL
January 27: Start of 2nd Semester
11 SCHOOL DAYS UNTIL THE END OF SEMESTER : Time to catch up and earn those credits!
Saturday School "Work Make-Up" Opportunities in January
- January 15
- January 22
1st Semester ends January 25th
Wednesday, January 26th---NO SCHOOL --Records Day
Thursday, January 27th--Start of 2nd Semester
Please Welcome Our New Staff Members
- Ms. Ruiz -Career Center Liaison
- Mr. Alba-Estrada Paraeducator
- Ms. Street- Paraeducator
- Ms. Hedge -Special Services
- Ms. Hunter- Graduation Coach for 11th and 12th Graders
- Ms. Solinger- Attendance Secretary
MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ANYONE ENTERING RA LONG HIGH SCHOOL FOR ANY REASON. Thank you in advanced for honoring our mask guidelines. This does include all indoor sporting events and outdoor events exceeding 500 spectators.
- Masks must be worn at all times when INSIDE the building over both nose and mouth.
- There will be NO temperature or attestation requirements at this time. But we need to be ready to make that shift as needed if new guidelines are presented.
- Outdoor large group events during the school day WILL require masks.
- Follow the RED arrows during all passing times and before and after school.
- No eating is allowed in classrooms. But, a water bottle, preferably with a straw is allowed.
- Students MUST maintain 6ft distancing when eating in the cafeteria.
- If you have any symptoms, please stay home and call the school.
- Free COVID testing for students is available at the school in the nurse's office. Parents will need to sign a document for testing permission.
What lunch you have is determined by your 4th period teacher(M, T, Th, F) ! On Wednesdays, lunch is determined by your 5th period teacher.
Dress Code for RA Long High School Students
DRESS CODE- applies to EVERY student taking a class at RA Long
The dress and appearance of students is the direct responsibility of the parents. School attire should reflect an academic focus and help maintain a safe and healthy school environment. Student appearance should be neat and clean and the body must be covered from the top of the shoulder to below two inches above the knee. If in the judgment of school officials dress or appearance is disruptive, the student will be required to change into appropriate clothing or will be sent home for insubordination. Team uniforms & spirit days must comply with administrative guidelines. The following rules apply to both genders:
- Masks must be worn at ALL times in the the building/classrooms.
- No under garments showing (including sports bras)
- No spaghetti straps, backless, strapless, halter-tops, crop tops, half-shirts, low-cut tops, one-shoulder, off-shoulder or see-through clothing
- Skirts/shorts must be no more than two inches above the knee (even with leggings).
- Cuts/slashes/fraying must also occur below the fingertip line
- Any rips that show skin must be no more than two inches above the knee.
- No sagging or bagging—pants must be pulled up
- No pajamas or slippers
- No displays (messages or pictures) that are vulgar, obscene, profane, violent, drug/alcohol/tobacco related, affiliated with gangs, discriminatory or demeaning to any person due to race, religion, ethnic group, gender or sexual orientation (including the Confederate flag or swastikas)
- No hats, bandanas, hairnets, head wraps, pulled-up hoods or sunglasses (exceptions for approved medical or religious reasons) If a hat is taken from a student, it will be returned on Friday after school. Hats are not to be seen in any classroom or in the hallways at any time.
- No unsafe jewelry such as spikes, long chains, etc.
2021-22 Bell Schedule
2021-22 School Calendar
School Resumes…………………………………..…... January 3
Martin Luther King Holiday NO SCHOOL……Jan 17
Records Day NO SCHOOL …………………………...Jan 26
Presidents Day NO SCHOOL…………………...…..Feb 21
Spring Break……………………………..…………...........Apr 4-8
Memorial Day NO SCHOOL…………………………..May 30
Graduation Ceremonies……..…..………..…..…..…June 11
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL...................................June 15 (pending snow makeup days)
Be sure to call the Attendance Office @ 575-7113 for all absences.
Leave a voice mail stating clearly the student’s name, date, and reason for absence.
Please remember to bring photo identification when picking up
your child for any appointments
# JackCode Non- Negotiables
Mr. Reeves INSTAGRAM principal_reeves
Mr. McCabe Athletics/Activities INSTAGRAM AD_RALong
Tag photos w/ #RALPride