Druid Hills High School
Week at a Glance - March 13
End of 9 Weeks Friday, March 17...Grades due Tuesday, March 21...Progress Reports distributed during 4th period Friday, March 24
Fire Drill - Monday, 3/20 9am
The AdvancED Accreditation team will present preliminary findings at a Board meeting tomorrow afternoon.
Thank you all!
Infinite Campus Communication Log
As discussed before, there is a tab in Infinite Campus where staff can not only document parent contacts, but can view others' parental communications, increasing our ability to collaborate with each other and aiding administrators in assigning appropriate consequences.
Thank you to Mr. Patel for creating an instructional video. Please begin utilizing this tool - this will become an expectation for next school year, so begin making use of it now.
From Mr. Andrews - IT
Please do not remove or relocate any installed equipment (i.e. swapping out a non-functioning projector with a working projector from another location). If you are having issues with the technology in your room, please create a help desk ticket so that it can be addressed by the appropriate team.
Career Day - May 4th - Speakers Needed
DH Sports Updates
- Girls Soccer: Varsity opened region play with a 10-0 victory. There were four different goal scorers led by Savannah with 5. Sky and Christina added 2, and Callie also scored. Six different players had assists including Jimelle and Indigo. More excellent play from Campbell, Maya, Jenny, Ellie J, Ellie W, Marina and Melina. Keep up the good work ladies.
- Track: Congratulations to the track team for their outstanding performance this weekend at the Wheeler Relays! Key performances include:
- Girls Throwers 4x100m relay - 1st (Jala Simelton, Skye Latham, Mercy Ogutu, Raven Mitchell)
- Boys Throwers 4x100m relay - 1st (DeShaun Baker, Jovonnii Brumfield, Demeraki Moore, Tyrique Robinson)
- Coaches Coed 4x100m relay - 1st (Coach Anderson, Coach Kyh, Coach Amber, Coach George)
- Deshaun Baker - 3rd in shot put
- Boys 4x1600m relay - 3rd (Carter Rathur, Cantrice Hart, Emanuel Faria, Brendon Valentine)
- Boys Distance Medley Relay - 3rd (Emanuel Faria, Sheldan Lindsay, Demeraki Moore, Carter Rathur)
- Boys 4x400m relay - 3rd (Ruben Taylor, Kenyon Blackshear, Shavar Bernard, Clark Sheppard
GSU Academy for Future Teachers - Summer Stipend Opportunity for Juniors and Seniors
Ga. State University College of Education’s June Academy for Future Teachers (AFT) is a 3-week STEM-based program that challenges and engages high school students willing to consider a career in education and STEM. Participants even plan and deliver their own lessons to middle school or pre-K students each week.
AFT participants are on campus 8am-1:00pm daily June 5-23, learning and applying pedagogy & communications skills while reviewing core math & science content. A highlight is teaching actual middle school or pre-K students every week using lessons participants design. AFT provides a stipend for full participation plus a June public transit card or parking and a snack/lunch card.
Preferred candidates are rising juniors and seniors, though teaching-focused 12th are considered.
Please visit the website, http://education.gsu.edu/AFT, for the application form and all contact information.
PRIDE Driver's Classes
Tuesday, March 14
Fifth Period & Study Hall
Free Teacher YOGA Outside Media Ctr 3:30p
PI Day Presentation Math Club Uhry Theater 4th
Ultimate Frisbee vs Grady @ Central Park 5p
V Baseball @ Luella 5:30p (Alexander)
PTSA - MOWR & College Awareness Meeting 6:30p Media Center (Cunningham)
DHAA Board Meeting 7:30pm Palmer's Room
Wednesday, March 15
VB Soccer vs Lithonia @ DHMS 5p (Alexander)
Track @ Discovery High School 5p (Cunningham)
Thursday, February 16
Tutorials: Emory Dream, ESOL, 5th Period, Study Hall
DHHS/DHMS Joint Advisory Meeting 8:30am MC
Nathan's Drivers Ed Classes 3:30p
VB Lacrosse @ Marist 6p (Cunningham)
JV Soccer @ Woodward both teams 7p (Alexander)
Tennis vs Clarkston @ Dekalb Tennis Center 4p
Golf vs Columbia @ Stone Mountain 4p
JV Baseball vs Dunwoody @ DHMS 5p (Palmer)
Friday, March 17
End of 9 week
V Baseball @ Luella 5:30p (Alexander)
V Soccer vs Salem @ Hallford 6/8p (Palmer)
March 24 - Issue Progress Reports
AM Duty/PM Bus Duty
Science Bldg: Darden
Bus Duty: S. Brown
Bus Duty: C. Smith
A Lunch: Bartlewski
B Lunch: Pirone
C Lunch: Duncanson
D Lunch: Brooks