Elmonica Newsletter - Boletín
September 25, 2020
Comprehensive distance learning has given us a magnificent opportunity to get familiar with many tech tools and learning applications very quickly. I am certain you are feeling strained by all of the new challenges, just like our teachers. If your child or children are experiencing difficulty, please reach out for help.
Accessing School on Chromebooks / iPads & Technology Support
- Malfunctioning Chromebooks and iPads can be exchanged by appointment. Please email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students should be using school equipment for best school support and function of the applications.
- You can retrieve your child's password in ParentVue. All parents should have a ParentVue account to access all student records and complete the enrollment/verification process.
- If you have never established a ParentVue account, please call the school office for an activation code.
School attendance is required! All classes meet everyday, beginning at 8:30am. Schedules vary beyond that and school ends at 2:30. We look forward to seeing your child(ren) everyday.
Wednesday, September 30
First Monthly Assembly - Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Friday, October 2
Elmonica Spirit Day - Wear your red and blue
A school events calendar can be found on the school website. This calendar will have our most current events and will be updated on a regular basis. The District Calendar is available through this link.
Attendance and Abence Reporting
- Call the 24 Hour Attendance Line at 503-356-2081 to report your child's absence.
- It is kind to let the teacher know if you child will be absence, however, parents are still required to notify the office.
- Students are expected to attend everyday beginning at 8:30am.
- Daily schedules will vary for each classroom.
- Wednesdays are school days. School starts at 8:30 with the classroom teachers, followed by independent work and a scheduled zoom wellness lesson.
- At 5:00pm, autodial phone messages will be sent out for all students who were not reported absent by a parent to the school office.
The Beaverton School District has launched a library of resources and on-demand videos to support families during Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL). You can find short webinars about Canvas, SeeSaw, Dreambox and much more.
Walk & Roll Day - October 7
Join students and families from around the world as you walk or roll in your neighborhood on October 7th. (Please remember to stay 6 feet from those not in your household and wear a mask.) All community members are welcome to participate.
Use the link to fill out the google form for each person that joined you on your trip. Google Form Link: https://forms.gle/9rBZws7qDdqAj6Ab6. (BSD students may include name and student ID number for a prize entry).
This year students can earn things like flashing safety lights, reflective shoelaces, and new bike helmets. Schools with the most participation will also earn a Safe Routes to School book bundle for their school library.
Finally, celebrate International Walk + Roll Day with our Beaverton community by visiting our Facebook page @BeavertonSafeRoutes to share a photo of you with a sign telling us why you love to walk, bike, scooter or skate! (Use the hashtag #BSDtogether)
Also - Share your photos in our Elmonica Shared Photo Album linked below.
The Knighton's Send their Youngest to Kindergarten!
Kindergarten Meet & Greet 9/18/20
Please share your "school" photos to our Elmonica photo album using the linked button below. Or send your photos to email@example.com. We would like to connect as a community in our school newsletters, on the Elmonica Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter. Help us stay connected to you!
Share your Elmonica child's photos with teachers, staff and others in our community! We will happily share our students photos on Elmonica's Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram.
Elmonica YouTube Channel
Please take a moment and bookmark the link below so that you will have instant access to the many wonderful things coming to our Elmonica's very own YouTube channel!
Missed an amazing Wellness Wednesday lesson? We got it! Can’t quite remember what the answer was to the question asked in our Q&A? Yep, have that too! Want to sit and enjoy an Elmonica Virtual Assembly with the family? Right here, just a click away on our channel!
So what are you waiting for?! Hit that subscribe button on our channel to be notified on all the coming n’ goings, ins and outs, and everything that is ELMONICA!
Our Nutrition Services department has developed a plan for providing meals during Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL). We have just received waivers from the USDA which allow any child (age 1-18) to pick up free meals.
- Parents or guardians may pick up meals for students who are not present.
- Meal pickups will occur two days per week: Tuesday (2 days of food) and Thursday (3 days of food) from 11 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Meals will be packaged with breakfast and lunch together.
- Masks must be worn by anyone picking up meals.
- Meals can be picked up by driving up to the cafeteria doors @ Elmonica.
Visit https://www.beaverton.k12.or.us/meals for bus stop locations.
School Lunches - Bus Stops
SW 174th Place & SW Hurrell Lane
SW Schendel Ave. (Hunters Run Apts.)
Curbside Grab-and-Go School Sites
Did you miss our first newsletter of the new school year? Look for it on our school webpage.
Did you know that you can manage your preferences for receiving email, texts and phone calls from BSD? Just download the SchoolMessenger app to your phone and follow the instructions on the BSD webpage. You also can sign up for text message alerts from BSD. Just text “yes” to 67587. Know that your current cell phone number must be on file in your student’s school records.
The mission of Elmonica Elementary is that together we promote high standards by:
· Practicing critical thinking skills through inquiry.
· Acquiring in-depth knowledge of globally significant ideas.
· Appreciating the unique qualities of each person, creating empathy, compassion,