Why is taking away Personal Technology away a bad thing?
Most Parent think whenever their child/teen decide to make bad decisions they think the most reasonable action is to take away their personal technology which is their cellphone or computer. But, the thing parents don’t realize is how taking away their phone or computer is not helping at all because they won’t learn their lesson. The child/teen will think that if they choose to make a bad decision they will just get their phone and computer taken away but, their are so many other resources their child/teen are able to use like the television or video game console. If you give your child punishments such as outdoor chores or indoor chores they will not make bad decisions because if they do you can make them more chores or work for their punishment.
List of Alternative punishments:
- Mow lawn
- Do laundry
- Wash Dishes
- Babysit siblings
- Clean bathtub
- Clean toilet
- Clean living room
- Clean their own room
- Separate laundry
- Fold laundry
- Clean basement(if you have one)
- Clean attic(if you have one)
- Dust different parts of the house/apartment
- Clean windows
- Organize grocery cabinets
- Organize fridge
- Do some garden work
- Read and finish a book
Parents can combine some punishments or create new punishments. This list is just a suggestion of punishments.
- Guterl, Fred. "What Impact Will Emerging Technologies Have on Society?" Scientific American Blog Network. N.p., 14 Nov. 2014. Web. 18 Apr. 2016.
- Anderson, Monica. "Parents, Teens and Digital Monitoring." Pew Research Center Internet Science Tech RSS. N.p., 07 Jan. 2016. Web. 18 Apr. 2016.
- Sandra. "Does Technology Impact Culture?" Media Culture Society. N.p., 29 Jan. 2013. Web. 18 Apr. 2016.