The National Weather Center!
Opportunities are knocking on your door.
Do you like researching? forecasting? investigating? If so, this job is for you!
Meteorology study the characteristics and movements of earth's atmospheres. They hold typical job activities investigating and developing numerical forecasts. They use probability to forecast the chances of different weather, each and every day. Statistics and probabilities are just one branch of this job. One responsibility of this job is to apply results of research to, for example, estimate the probability of effects of global warming. The work duties involve predicting and analyzing weather.
The Outstanding Locations in Need!
This is the storm prediction center, it is the issuer of severe weather watches and warnings. They also issue the Red Flag Warnings for around the country states.
This station is for issuing weather conditions to southern Florida region.
- The skills needed for the job are mathematical, analytical, team-working, and problem solving skills
- at least a bachelor degree in meteorology or atmospheric sciences
- Have at least 24 semesters in that degree
- 6 hours of physics or one course with lab experience
- combination of education and experience
- may have other degrees in physics, chemistry, or other science/ math that are useful for weather-related research (recommended!)