Catastrophic Events awarness
By: Makaidyn Osburn and Jovani Olivares
Some catastrophic events are:
Some of the impacts on the environment are:
- Can destroy forest
- It could kill any animals that are living
- One good impact that hurricanes make on the environment is is can wipe out land for new plants and crops can grow.
Some of the impacts on humans are:
- It can destroy homes
- It can kill animals and food
- It can cause human death
What can we do to prepare for and stay safe during a hurricane
- Get as far away from oceans
- We can put together back packs full of whatever you would need if a hurricane comes
- Talk to the city or town about making a safe place to go to in case of a hurricane
- Have a place where you can go to get supplies you need
- Other names for a hurricane include cyclone, typhoon and tropical storm.
- While they are essentially the same thing, the different names usually indicate where the storm took place.
- The most hurricanes that have ever happened in one year in the Atlantic Basin are 12, the least was 2. The Eastern Pacific Ocean has as many as 14 hurricanes a year.