Horizon Community Middle School - January 8, 2021
#HuskyStronger2021- Welcome Back Huskies!
New Hybrid Schedule Begins Next Week
Starting Monday, January 11, we will transition to our enhanced in-person hybrid learning schedule.
This learning model is improved upon from last fall, and has several important changes, including a full day at-home synchronous remote learning day held on Mondays. You'll find the standard hybrid week and Monday's synchronous remote learning schedules below. As with all synchronous remote classes, attendance will be taken. We highly encourage all students to use the Monday remote schedule for time management on their asynchronous days at home.
Return to In-Person Learning
We will welcome back our Blue Cohort student groups on Tuesdays/Thursdays in-person, and Grey Cohort student groups on Wednesdays/Fridays in-person. We will continue to practice our multiple overlapping safety strategies:
- Maintain social distancing, wear a mask, and wash hands frequently.
- Designated entry/exit locations for each grade level (8:40 am doors open and campus must be cleared by 4:00 pm) Breakfast will be available at 8:30 am through the cafeteria doors.
- Please abide by building highways and movement protocols as before.
- On your at-home asynchronous days, no entry on campus to ensure no cross cohorting
- We will not be allowing any visitors/deliveries in the building other than those that are scheduled. If you have a need to visit please contact our main office at 720-886-6108.
- if you have any symptoms, please refrain from attending in-person and call to excuse your student.
We thank you for helping us ensure a safe learning environment. Please let us know if you have any questions. Our students did a great job earlier in the year with these expectations and we expect that to continue.
Water Stations are Here!
An Announcement from Smoky Hill
Greetings Future Buffs!
Typically, this time of year we are reaching out and inviting you to Smoky Hill HS for what we call Incoming Freshmen Night. This is a time for students and their families to tour the building, talk with Department Coordinators, see the clubs and activities we have to offer and get a feel for what is possible at Smoky Hill HS. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we are unable to gather everyone together and visit with you face-to-face. In lieu of our typical event we have created an interactive site,HERE, for you to explore and learn everything you need to know about Smoky Hill HS. Information regarding registration for your freshman courses will be available in the coming weeks. We are all looking forward to meeting you, getting to know you, and welcoming you into The Herd!
Please see our website for all return to school information. Go Huskies!