May 13-17, 2019
We Are A.R.M.Y. Strong!!
Our vision is to ensure that all students are WMS ARMY Strong and are prepared for high school, college and careers.
Please be checking with Students on their grades and homework completion. Many of the homework assignments show a green checkmark when they are completed. We are seeing many students starting assignments but we need to continue to improve the number of students completing assignments.
8th Grade Recognition Practice
8th Grade Recognition Ceremony Scheduled
The dress code: Ladies can wear dresses, skirts or dress pants. Dresses and skirts must be longer than finger tip length and shoulders must be covered. If girls are wearing dresses with tank tops or straps, they can cover shoulders with sweaters or jackets.
Gentlemen are encouraged to wear dress shirts and ties or bow ties. Jackets and suits are encouraged.
Parking: Parking will be limited to the football stadium parking lot along Highway 41. Please enter the doors that face Washington Avenue. The main parking lot will only be open for handicapped family members.
This is a formal event to honor the work of our students. We ask that you help us model appropriate and respectful behavior during this event by clapping respectfully and refraining from yelling as student names are being called. This is out of respect for all families, so they can also hear their child's name.
Grade Level Field Trips
1. Cell Phones at School are a privilege not a right.
2. Cell Phone privileges may be removed at any time and especially if they disrupt the learning environment.
3. Digital photography or recording of any kind (snapchat, or other social media) is prohibited at all times.
4. Students may not use cell phones outside of the office areas for any reason unless directed/authorized by an adult.
"I See It, I Take It" Policy
How is your child doing in classes?
If you have questions or concerns about grades you can contact your child's teachers, Mrs. April Coughlin or Administration to set up meetings.
WMS Expectations and Procedures Handbook
Dress Code Reminders
Cool Weather Items
Type: hoodless sweaters or hoodless sweatshirts, vest, zip up fleece, softshell or cardigan worn with a collared button down or polo shirt underneath
Colors: any solid color
Logo: small manufacturers logos are acceptable; school logos are permitted
The following is unacceptable at WMS and will not be allowed:
· Unnatural hair colors (bright red, burgundy, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink or purple) anywhere in the hair.
· Body piercings, excluding ears. Earrings that pose a safety hazard or that are disruptive in nature
· Visible tattoos
· Skinny style pants, stretch pants or tight fitting clothing
· Hats or head coverings inside the school
· Cell Phones, large purses, gym bags, backpacks, backpack style purses, and drawstring bags must be kept in students’ lockers from 7:30am to 2:30pm.