2019-2020 Parent Newsletter
May 15, 2020 - Issue #36
Curbside iPad Return is Tuesday and Wednesday
If you have any questions, please contact our Technology department at email@example.com.
Final Opportunities To Pick Up Student Items
If you still need to pick up student items, pull through the back parking lot (off Travis Drive) from 9-11 am or 4-6 pm on either Tuesday or Wednesday and a staff member will place your child's items in your car.
Calling all future Pre-K and Kindergarten students...it's time to pre-register for the 2020-2021 school year!
Pre-K & Kindergarten Roundup will be virtual this year and we have created an online pre-registration and enrollment page just for you. All instructions and forms are in both English and Spanish. To complete the process to pre-register and enroll your incoming Pre-K or Kindergarten student, please click on the following link:
Parents, we ask that you PLEASE pre-register your incoming Pre-K or Kindergarten student as soon as possible because this will help us determine staffing needs and class placements. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Jackson or Mrs. Harris at Lago Vista Elementary School.
Welcome to Viking Nation!
School Supply Packs for 2020-2021 Now On Sale
SHOP NOW for your 2020-21 school supplies. Avoid the stores and get all your school supply shopping done online. EPI school supply packs contain all the items and brands our teachers require.
To order online:
- Go to: https://www.educationalproducts.com/ShopPacks/
- Enter our school code: LAG 001
- Supplies will be delivered at Meet the Teacher Night in August
See the flyer below for more information!
Yearbooks have arrived!
If you ordered a yearbook before the April deadline and have not received it, please email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a drop off.
Yearbooks can still be ordered at LagoVistaYearbook.picaboo.com
Thank you again to Sarah Villarreal and Ashley Melber for their hard work on the yearbooks!
TxConnect is Now Ascender
ASCENDER has taken over with a few changes.
- The app for your cell phone no longer works. The company is working on creating another one.
- Until the app is created, you must go through the district website. www.lagovistaisd.net
- On the Main Page, go to Parent Connection, halfway down the page on the left.
- On new page, scroll down about halfway, look for Keeping Track of Grades. You will then click on the ASCENDER link.
- Log in like you normally did with TxConnect.
- If you have any questions or trouble, please call 512-267-8300 #2503.
2020-2021 academic calendar now available!
Marcy Kuske, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Christine Harris, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Tara Roberts, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Missy Howard, Assistant Principal