School Counselor's Corner
Locust Fork Elementary School November/December 2018
In This Issue
- Did you know?
- Red Ribbon Week
- Internet Safety
- Other Resources for Parents
- Upcoming Events
- Christmas Wishes
Did you know?
Great 3rd-6th homework tips video.
You can do HW without throwing up!
You have to be a good friend to have good friends!
Later this year we will learn about our social filter.
Red Ribbon Week
What can you do as a parent to help keep your child safe online? Here are some ideas from Parenting.com (see full article below as well as an article from Common Sense Media):
- No underage facebook, instagram, or snapchat accounts
- Check privacy settings
- Use filtering software
- Get to know what your child's habits are
- Keep the computer in a central location
- Urge your kids to avoid questionnaires, free giveaways and contests
- Monitor the pictures your child texts and posts online
- Teach kids about an online reputation
- Talk to kids about online dangers
Other Resources for Parents
Monday, November 12
- No School - Veteran's Day
Friday, November 16
- Thanksgiving Meal in the Lunchroom
- Mid Term progress reports go home
Tuesday, November 20
- Snake Show 12:00 noon, $3 admission, also $1 Hat Day
Wednesday, November 21-Friday, November 23
- No School - Thanksgiving Break
Thursday, November 29
- Santa Pictures - Prepay only
Monday, December 3
- Scantron Testing Begins
Monday, December 3 - Friday, December 7th
- Santa Shop
Friday, December 21
- 1/2 day for students
- No School - Christmas Break
Tuesday, January 8th
- Students return from Christmas Break