Freeman Mustangs Newsletter #18
December 11, 2020
- Monday-Friday: Food Distribution @ Freeman 10:30am-2:00pm
- Monday, December 7-January, 14th: Students will remain virtual through the rest of quarter 2.
- Monday, December 14th-Friday, December 18th: Virtual Spirit Week (More details below)
- Monday, December 21st- Friday, January 1st: Winter Break
- Monday, January 4th: School resumes
- Thursday, January 14th: End of 2nd Quarter
- Friday, January 15th: No School- Institute Day
- Monday, January 18th: No School- MLK Day
- Tuesday, January 19th: Start of Quarter 3- changes to schedules in effect
Note about Instruction Week of 12/14-12/18
Next week, classroom teachers have a professional development session from 9:30am-10:30am to plan for Semester 2. Although we have these scheduled throughout the week to work with all of the staff across the district, your child's teacher will only be affected 1 day. Freeman staff will meet either on Tuesday, 12/15 or Wednesday, 12/16. During that hour the teacher is doing professional development, your child will have additional asynchronous activities to complete. Your child's teacher will communicate which day will be affected next week.
We thank you for your patience and flexibility as we plan for 2nd semester.
Return to Learn: Virtual Learning Monday, December 7- Thursday, January 14
- Pre-K students will continue with their current learning model.
- Grades K and 1 will use their first-quarter schedule. This means that specials (such as art, music, PE, and STEM) will revert to the morning.
- Lunch will now be at the same time for everyone.
- All students will have synchronous (Zoom) instruction in the morning and small group instruction in the afternoon.
- Teachers will create small groups based on needs, content, etc., and therefore the A, B, and V student groupings will no longer be used.
- Grades 2 through 5 will continue in their current model of virtual instruction since they had not transitioned back.
District communication has also been updated on the district website. Please continue to check SD129's Blended Experience Webpage for up to date information and current guidance.
Holiday All School Sing
Songs to be sung and their lyrics can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JFLtONSHjnzbQez5hIfMXAd8gyD3Ye9ti3BS2PBpca8/edit
Here is the Zoom information:
Meeting ID: 507 456 9864
Winter Coats Available
SD129 Student Daily Health Screener
Although District 129 will continue with virtual learning until the end of the second quarter, we will continue to monitor the health and wellbeing of all of our students and staff. Beginning on Monday, December 7th, we will transition from a weekly symptom screening to a daily screening (Monday-Friday). Each morning, we will send a link to the email address you provided when you created your Health Screening account. The screener will prompt you to answer questions regarding the health of your student and if they have had any close contacts to someone with the virus.
Once back to in-person instruction, the screener will help guide you on whether your child can attend school that day. It will also prompt communication with our schools’ health office to see how we can help support your child during and after their absence.
All parents who intend on sending their child back to in-person instruction in January will be required to establish a symptom screener account. Please use the link and helpful hints below to create your account.
Here are a couple of helpful hints:
- The initial account should be completed in the parent/guardian name
- To add students to your account, click on “My Students” at the top of the page and then “Add Student”
- Please register your student’s legal name, as you did when registering for school
Instructions to create your account and add your students to your profile is included in the video and infographic linked below.
- Video Instructions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SP7787SSv4oQFd59gbTezFWd92_Vk947/view
- Infographic https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kaaQM9sFTjJHwi2LRakPNAsXUzeo768I/view?usp=sharing
The same account set up will also be sent to your primary phone number listed for SMS messages. Account set-up is easy, but for assistance please contact Mrs. Andrea Delgado via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your cooperation in creating your account.
Please use the link to create your student symptom screening account. Additional instructions have been emailed to you. https://bit.ly/3lrpGUt
SCRIP is back! Gift card purchases give back to Freeman PTA
Remember SCRIP? It's that program where we used to send home a form, and you would fill it out and send back the form with payment to buy gift cards.... and then the gift cards would arrive?
Well, we figured out how to get it all set up so that we can do it from our phones.... Download the app.
Download the app from the Apple Store
Or Google Play.
Then you just need this enrollment code to set up your account
You can get instant e-cards (great for last minute gifts) or physical cards, they just take a little longer.
Best part is that the ecards get stored in your wallet if you're not gifting them. So you don't have to keep track of anything!
You can even order cards for places you normally shop. For example, I need an oil change. We normally go to JiffyLube. Well Jiffy Lube is giving a bonus rebate, so Freeman PTA will get 18% back on the gift card I just ordered to cover my oil change.
Pretty sweet deal.