Second Grade Happenings
January 8, 2016
Even with two weeks off, your second graders quickly got back in the swing of things. One of the highlights was a Skype session with a second grade class in Pendleton. We played a game of mystery number. They beat us hands down but we're hoping for a rematch soon.
If you would like to order books from the Scholastic Book Order you can place your order online. Our class code is GNP7J. I will also send forms home this week if you'd prefer not to do it online. Please return the forms or place your order by January 29th.
Attached to my email is a letter from Mrs. Garrett about the Body Safety Program for second graders. If you are seeking more information about the program, please mark your calendar to attend a parent night. This will be held at Stony Creek Elementary School on January 13, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. This is for parents of ALL Noblesville Schools students in kindergarten, second and fourth grade. This parent night is for parents only. Please contact Mrs. Garrett, school counselor, if you have any questions.
Here's What We've Been Learning
- Nonfiction writing
- Using context clues in fiction and nonfiction
- Reading, writing, comparing and ordering large numbers
- Inquiry Research
Books We've Read
- The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
- Baloney (Henry P.)
- Imagine a Day
Dates to Remember
- Mon., January 11 - Art
- Tue., January 12 - Mass Media
- Wed., January 13 - P.E., Body Safety Parent Information Meeting @ 6:00 in the Stony Creek Cafeteria, PTO Meeting @ 7:00 in the North Media Center
- Thur., January 14 - Music
- Fri., January 15 - Art
- Mon., January 18 - MLK Day (flex day)
Writers' Workshop - Publishing using a nonfiction book
Math Workshop - More place value to millions, decimals to hundredths,
Inquiry Workshop - Organizing research and adding graphics to support our learning