Denton Dolphin News
May 22, 2021
Scouts Needed for Flag Ceremony
Is your child(ren) in Girls Scouts, Cub Scouts, or ScoutsBSA? If you would like to participate in a flag ceremony for the morning announcements, please sign up with this link. Flag Ceremony Sign Up
We will raise the flag, say the pledge, do the morning announcements, and then take down and fold the flag.
We will film the ceremony at 3 PM on Thursday May 27th. Participants should wear their scouting uniform that day.
If your child(ren) is a bus rider in Grades 1, 2, 4, or 5, they will need a ride home.
Updated Mask Requirements for Students
Following the latest guidance provided by the state, students will no longer be required to wear face coverings while outside on school property if they are physically distanced. Face coverings may still be worn based on individual choice, and it is expected everyone will be kind with regard to other people’s choices. Students and staff are still required to wear face coverings while inside school buildings.
In addition, updated guidelines for schools have been provided:
COVID-19 Symptoms: Any students or staff with fever of 100.4 or higher, sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing, diarrhea or vomiting, new onset of severe headache (especially with fever), or new loss of taste or smell they should not report to school and follow up with their health care provider.
Quarantining: Individuals who have been exposed to COVID-19 and are not fully vaccinated, are awaiting a test result, have tested positive, or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home from school until released from their health care provider or the health department.
5th Grade Parent Information
• T-shirts are being made for the 5th grade class. Please order through My School Bucks by Wednesday, May 26. The cost is $5 per shirt with an additional charge for larger adult sizes. The link is https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ver2/stores/checkout/getproduct?clientKey=ZZHYHMTHZB0GIF2&buttonID=622a806b-1f39-4bf2-80d6-5c46a5fcc42b
• The Celebration is scheduled for June 10 beginning with an awards celebration. Unfortunately, due to Covid restrictions, parents will not be allowed to attend; however, we are working on a way to capture the event digitally.
• Students will enjoy their cafeteria lunch outside from 12 - 12:30 followed by fun events.
• If you are interested in helping with an event or game in the afternoon, please reach out to your child's teachers.
• The day will conclude at 2:15 so that students can catch the afternoon bus at 2:30.
Between now and then, Mrs. Gorsuch is continuing to give lessons on the transition to Lockerman during the regular day.
Please reach out if you have any questions! Thank you for your support as we celebrate our 5th graders who are moving to LMS! #AlwaysADolphin
These items need to be turned in for grades Prek-4:
• iPad with the protective cover or case
• iPad charger (needs to be the one originally given or an Apple charger)
• Damage will be assessed
• Any borrowed Kajeets or other school issued items like headphones.
These items need to be turned in for 5th grade:
• Laptop with case
• Apple laptop charger
• Damage will be assessed
• Any borrowed Kajeets or any other school issued items like headphones.
If your child is coming to the DES Summer Program, he/she may keep the device through the summer program. It will be collected then following the same checklist.
It is imperative that all technology is returned in a timely manner and with all components. If any components are missing or broken, you will be charged for the replacement cost. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
End of the Year Updates
• Monday, June 7 - 11: Begin Technology Collection for In-Person Students
• Thursday, June 10: 5th Grade Celebration
• Friday, June 11: Last Day of School for Students
• Monday, June 14: Q4 Grades Captured at 12:00 PM. Collection of Technology for Virtual Students.
• Monday, June 21: Summer Program Begins
• Monday, July 5: No Summer Program; 4th of July
• Thursday, July 29: Last Day for Summer Program
School Summer Hours: 8:00 - 4:30
School Office Closed: June 25, July 2, July 5, July 9, July 16, July 23, July 30, August 6, and August 13
Denton Elementary School is a School-Wide Title I School
Vision of Excellence:
The Denton Elementary School Family will promote our
core values of S.W.I.M. by supporting a challenging curriculum,
honoring individuality, and working collaboratively.
S: Stay Safe
W: Work Hard
I: Include Others
M: Make Responsible Choices