Mrs. Reiber's Apple Newsletter
April 11, 2016
- Please check your child's Apple Binder on Monday night for Mailbox Monday papers! This Monday you will see timed test scores (PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN if your child has not yet passed them), our fraction unit test scores (please sign and return if your child received an F), and a Tallmadge $1 bracelet fundraiser if you'd like to buy one.
- Remember to return school pictures, the class book form, and field trip money if you have not done so already, thanks.
- We are taking a field trip this Thursday, April 14 to the Natural Museum of History in Cleveland. If you are helping out, please arrive at school no later than 8:30. This is an all-day field trip, so your child will need to bring a packed lunch with them.
- We will be taking another field trip in May. Dates and details will be coming home in one week (and I will need chaperones, too).
- Our final Scholastic Book order will be submitted April 29. I am not submitting an order in May in case it does not arrive before the end of the year. Scholastic sent us FREE book coupons again (up to $5 value); please write to me on Class Dojo or email me if you'd like one (or more - I had so many extras from last time!)
- AIR testing begins next week (April 19-20). The first week is Language Arts, the second week is Math, and the third week is Social Studies. Mrs. Ruesch will be assigning more social studies homework assignments during the month of April to prepare students for the test, so please plan accordingly to make sure your child has enough time at night to complete assignments in a timely fashion.
Spelling Words - Test on April 12
The next spelling test will take place on Tuesday, April 12. The pattern is "homophone" words. After this, we will not have a spelling test again until mid-May (I am not teaching spelling during our AIR testing weeks).
9.-13. students choose their own words
The Teacher Helper is Zachary!
This week's "V.I.P." Class Dojo point leader is Zachary!
Last week's Caught Card school-wide winner was Gwen!
The Clean Desk winners were Cohen and Quentin!
Congratulations to Andrea, whose artwork is displayed in Munroe's main office!