The Eagle's Nest
September 29, 2017
Save The Date!
- October 4 - Count Day
- October 6 - Homecoming Parade, 5 pm
- October 6 - Columbia Homecoming, 7 pm CCHS
- October 7 - Chad P Dermyer Soccer Field Dedication, 1 pm
- October 9 - School Board Meeting, 7 pm
- October 10 - Parent Teacher Conferences, 7-12 grade, 5-8 pm
- October 11- CES & CUES Picture Day
- October 20 - CC Jr. Sr. High End of First Marking Period
- October 23 - No School - Teacher Development
- October 27 - Picture Retake, grades 7-12
- October 29 - Trunk or Treat, 3:30-5:30 pm
Chad P Dermyer Memorial Soccer Field Dedication
September 29, 2017 @ Onsted
October 6, 2017 @ HOME *Homecoming*
October 13, 2017 @ Dundee
October 20, 2017 @ Hillsdale
Varsity Soccer -
October 2, 2017 @ HOME
October 5, 2017 @ Onsted
October 9, 2017 @ HOME
October 12, 2017 TBA Multiple Opponents
Varsity Volleyball -
October 3, 2017 @ Dundee
October 7, 2017 @ TBA Multiple Opponents
October 10, 2017 @ Ida
October 14, 2017 @ TBA Multipla Opponents
October 17, 2017 @ HOME
October 19, 2017 @ HOME
October 24, 2017 @ HOME Multiple Opponents
October 28, 2017 TBA Multiple Oppenents
Columbia Central High School Homecoming
- Wednesday,10/4-Powder Puff Football game, 7 PM
- Thursday, 10/5-CCHS JV football vs. Michigan Center at home, 6:30 PM
- Friday, 10/6-CCHS Pep Assembly, CCHS Gymnasium, 1:45 PM
- Friday, 10/6-Homecoming Parade-All participants line up at 4:30 PM on Monroe St. Parade begins at 5 PM.
- Friday, 10/6-Varsity football vs. Mason Consolidated Schools, 7 PM. The homecoming court will be presented along with a performance from the CCHS Marching Band. Alumni cheerleaders will be invited to take the field as well.
- Saturday, 10/7-Chad P. Dermyer Soccer Dedication and Alumni Soccer Game, 1 PM
- Saturday, 10/7-Homecoming Dance, CCHS Cafeteria, 8-11 PM
Spirit Week Theme Dress Days for Columbia Central High School-Monday-America Day, Tuesday-Tacky Tourist Day, Wednesday-Pink Day, Thursday-Favorite Sports Team Day, Friday-Blue and Gold Day
Junior high theme days will be announced later this week.
Childrenz Challenge Winners!
CCHS Performed at Central Michigan University!
Congratulations to the Golden Eagles Girls' Golf Team! They are #1 in the conference!
Trunk or Treat
Columbia School District is hosting a Trunk or Treat for the children of the community. Columbia area families will come together to enjoy this event.
School groups, businesses, and other organizations are invited to participate by hosting a trunk. There is no cost for sponsoring a trunk. We ask that you provide your own candy; we are estimating approximately 2,000 children.
The goal is to have 40 or more trunks for the event. Please contact Monika Cook at Monika.Cook@myeagles.org or at 592-6641 if your organization would like to participate.
Let's make this a great community event!
School Spirit! Blue and Gold Day is every Friday! Show your Eagle Pride!
Fight, Central, down the field
Fight for victory
Fight, Eagles, never yield
We're with you oh varsity
Onward with banners bold
In our hearts, you are the best,
Fight for the blue and gold,
Down the field for CHS,
Eagles, we're proud of that nickname!
Hear our song!
Loud and strong!
Central is going to win this game.
Come on and ... (repeat)
Nominate a Top Teacher from the Columbia School District
Every year the Jackson Magazine hosts a search for the Top Teachers in Jackson County. Thank you to the Hurst Foundation and the Jackson Community Foundation for sponsoring this program. The top five teachers will receive a combination of $9,000.
There are nomination forms available in each school office. You may also complete your nomination online by using the link below. Columbia teachers have been honored in the past by the Jackson Magazine. We hope to continue the tradition of honoring excellent teachers. All nomination forms are due by October 27, 2017.
September Lunch Menus:
Elementary Schools: http://www.myeagles.org/District/Lunch/Lunchmenus/Lunch-Elem-September.pdf
Jr. Sr. High School: http://www.myeagles.org/District/Lunch/Lunchmenus/Lunch-HS-September.pdf
Free and Reduced Lunch Application form: http://www.myeagles.org/District/Misc_pdfs/FreeandReducedForm.pdf