Mrs. Asher's First Grade News
Week of May 9, 2016
animal, answer, ask, end, found
* We also worked on identifying who was talking at various points in a story. The kids learned that often fiction stories have narrators that just tell the story. They looked before and after quotation marks to see which characters were talking when there was dialogue.
* As we read the story, Rumpelstiltskin, the kids worked on making connections and comparing it with other fairy tales they have heard.
- May 20 - Fairytale Tea Party come at 1:10 and we will start at 1:20
- May 23 and 24 - Lunch time change 11:15-11:45 (because of 3-5 EOG testing)
- May 25 - Lunch time change 11:00-11:30
- May 27 - Field Day 9:30-12:00
- May 30 - No School
- May 31 - Meet the Teacher for Track 1 5:15-6:45
- June 3 - Last Day of School for Track 1 and Report Cards Go Home