- The most popular holiday is Visakhi. It's a cultural and spiritual celebration.
-Culturally celebrated as a harvest festival in Punjab.
-Spiritually marks the day Guru Gobind Singh (10th Guru) stablished Khalsa.
➥Khalsa is a community of people who have been initiated into the Sikh religion.
- The celebration includes religious services, parades, music and dancing.
Articles of Faith
People initiated into Khalsa wear uniforms to bind themselves together. There are 5 Sikh articles of faith. They're to be worn everyday
- Kesh- uncut hair covered by turban.
- Kirpan- religious sword that represents readiness to protect weak & fight against injustice.
- Kara- metal bracelet that represents strength.
- Kanga- wooden comb that represents cleanliness.
- Kachera- cotton undergarments that represent self-discipline.