Charles Ellis Montessori Academy, April 19, 2021
April 19- Rising 5th Grade Band Instrument Rental Night
April 19-May 12- GMAS Testing
April 19-20- Cohort A In-Person Instructional Days
April 20- PTA Meeting
April 21-23- Cohort B In-Person Instructional Days
May 3-7- PTA Teacher Appreciation Week
May 13- "Pop Up" Spring Art Show
May 21- Last Day of School!
Visit the "GMAS Testing Information" page on the Ellis website for more information including a schedule of the testing dates.
GMAS Testing (3rd-8th Grades) begins on April 19th for students in the building.
Share these general test day preparation tips with your students:
- Get a good night's sleep (Avoid using tech devices before going to bed).
- Pack everything you may need ahead of time (earbuds, mouse, pencil, scratch paper, snacks, etc.).
- Eat a healthy, filling breakfast (school breakfast is still FREE for all students).
- Stay calm (utilize deep breathing techniques).
- Be positive and do your best!
SCCPSS Strategic Plan Survey
The Savannah-Chatham County Public School System has partnered with the Georgia School Board Association to facilitate a strategic planning process. The purpose of this process is to create a plan that will guide the District through the next five years. Part of this process involves receiving feedback from all members of the community so that we can ensure that every voice is heard, and all perspectives are considered.
We'd like to invite you to participate in this important process. We need to hear from parents, staff, and students as well as the business community and civic leaders. This short survey includes questions that ask you to choose strengths, opportunities, areas in need of improvement, and challenges that face the district. Your feedback is instrumental in the strategic planning process, and we are grateful for your participation. The survey will close at midnight on April 21.
Again, we thank you for sharing your opinions with us. Please forward and share this information with your networks.
EmbRACE Summer Learning
Visit the SCCPSS website for more information.
Rising 5th Grade Band
If you have any questions, you may contact Ms. Wimberly, Ellis Band Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ellis "Pop Up" Spring Art Show
Calling all artists PK-8th Grade!
We are anticipating a pop up art event and would love to have student art submissions for the show!
There are three choices for dropping off artwork:
- Drive by Art Bin- on the Ellis front porch, drop off 8am-2pm
- Mail- Charles Ellis Montessori Academy
220 E. 49th Street
Savannah, GA 31405
Attention: Ms. Tiia
- Drop it in the basket- outside the Art Room. For students attending school in-person only.
**Please be sure to put name, grade, and teacher name on the back of the work.
E-mail any questions to email@example.com
Save the Date:
Ellis “Pop Up” Spring Art Show
May 13, 4-6pm
Charles Ellis Front Lawn-Drive By
School Council Nominations
Also, you may read the minutes of the School Council meetings on the Ellis website.
PTA Members Meeting
The nominating committee has done a wonderful job of recruiting officers for the next two years and they are pleased to present the slate for your consideration:
Co-Presidents: Kellie Groover & Emily Salzer
Co-Vice Presidents: Yael Elfassy & Amanda Fanelli
Secretary: Dionne McAffee (2nd term)
Treasurer: Melanie Finnegan
STEAM Digital Talks:
Ms. Angie, Ms. Olivia, and Ms. Rebecca are seeking career speakers for STEAM Digital Talks. See this flyer for more information. If you or someone you know is in one of the following fields and interested in participating, please let us know:
- game developer
- app builder
- interior designer
- software developer
Ms. Rebecca Needs Your Help:
Your input helps to better serve students! Thanks for your support!
Ms. Rebecca, School Counselor
or you can message me on ItsLearning
School-Wide Grace & Courtesy Focus
The Language for Identifying/Naming the Qualities of Courage from the "Self- Awakened Child" series by Jonathan Wolff:
- When I make a mistake and I tell the truth about what I did, I am acting with Courage.
- When I keep trying to learn something that is hard or scary for me to do, I am acting with Courage.
- When I try a new food or talk to a child in class I did not know before, I am acting with Courage.
For those who qualify for free/reduced lunch:
Hybrid Learning Reminders
- Please place the name of your student(s) on the passenger side dashboard for morning arrival and afternoon dismissal.
- All vehicle occupants should wear masks at arrival and dismissal.
- The arrival COVID-19 assessment is on 48th Street from 7:15a.m.-7:45a.m. If you arrive later, you will need to walk your student(s) up to the front door to sign the tardy sheet and place the wrist band on your student(s) after COVID-19 assessment.
- Dismissal for car riders. Cars must travel westward from Reynolds to Habersham. Battey Avenue will not be used as an access route.
- Items cannot be dropped-off for students.
- All students returning to our school building are required to have the COVID-19 Screening Questions for Students completed and submitted by you each morning on the days they are reporting to the building.
Please use this link or the QR Code below and save this for easy accessibility each day. Siblings can be placed on one questionnaire.
Ms. Ja'Dayia Coleman-Kennedy
Information Specialist Clerk
Ms. Lucy Holloway
Ms. Patricia Solomon-Brown
Library Media Technology Specialist
PTA Teacher Liaison
Ms. Lisa O'Donnell