Preventive Health Care
Mackenzie Thompson Hour 7
1. Mammograms, Pap Smear exams, Testicle exams, and Prostate exams all test for cancerous diseases.
2. Women should be getting both mammograms and pap smear exams. Men should be getting both testicle exams and prostate exams.
3. Women should be around their 40s or 50s for getting mammograms. Women should also be around their teens or 20s for getting pap smears. Men should be around their teens when starting testicle exams and also they should be around their 60s or 70s for prostate exams.
4. Women should get mammograms every other year. Women should also get a pap smear every 3 years. Men should get testicular exams every year when going in for their physical. Men should also get a prostate exam every 4 years.
5. Breast cancer is caused by how the cell functions in the body. Testicle Cancer is caused when the man produces unhealthy sperm. Prostate cancer is caused by genetics and different genes. No one is really for sure how any of these illness are caused but these are some of the ideas.
6. There is really no way to prevent breast cancer. But you can make sure your body is healthy to put the risk factors under control. You can make sure your eat right and exercise. With testicle cancer you can make sure you go to physicals to get the exam done and you can also do the exam every once in while for yourself to make sure you don't have anything strange going on down there. With prostate cancer it is the same as breast cancer, you can't really prevent it but you can make sure your risk factors are under control.