We hope everyone had a relaxing and rewarding summer. We are rapidly approaching the first day of school and ready to welcome all our Wildcats back! Please keep in mind your student will receive their paper copy of their class schedule on the first day of school. We will have posters with your student's first reporting class posted in the hallways. For your reference, 7th and 8th graders will go directly to their 1st-period class, and 6th graders will report to the Danny Jordan Gym on the morning of August 16th. Our goal is to have schedules available for viewing in Skyward by 5:00 PM, August 12th. If you are not able to see your student's schedule then please reach out to the campus on August 13th to verify that we have updated shot records (7th graders only) and that your student is registered for the upcoming school year.
We encourage you to add Wayside's phone number, 817-232-0541 into your cell phone and follow us on Facebook for updates.
Looking forward to an awesome 2021-2022 school year. See you on August 16th.
2021-2022 New Student Registration, Returning Student Verification Now Open
New students must register for the next school year, and returning students must update required forms and information. Click here for detailed information.
All 7th grade shots must be up to date and proof of that is required before the first day of school. Click here for more information.
Please click the link below to find the bell schedules.
School Supply List
Wayside Middle School Athletic Information
- 6th grade pre-athletics will purchase uniforms the first week of school in class for $30.00.
- August 10th -7th and 8th grade athletic students will have Blues & Greys Night/Athletics Parent Meeting from 6pm-8pm
- Paperwork: ALL Athletes enrolled in athletics must provide a physical dated after May 1, 2021 and complete all RankOne online forms. Please turn in a paper copy of the physical, which is the preferred method. If you need a copy of the physical form to take to the doctor, click on the following link: Athletic Forms - UIL
Students enrolled in Golf, Dance, or Gymnastics will report to Wayside Middle School on the first day of school. Coaches from Boswell will come to campus to introduce themselves and their programs.
This link provides lots of helpful information including transportation, nutrition and immunization information.
Arrival and Pick up:
- The Wayside Traffic pattern will be in place daily from 7:45 A.M.- 8:15 A.M. and 2:30 P.M. to 3:45 P.M.
Only Buses will use the back of the building to pick up and drop off students. Please do not use the back drive or the athletic loop if your child is a car rider.
- Car Riders will pick up in the front of the building using the flow map from below.
- All car riders exit out the front doors, so please pull all the way to the end to pick up your student.
- Both left and right lanes are for cars stopping for drop off. The middle lane should be used for flowing through.
- We ask that all cars flow through the traffic pattern and please do not exit out the west side of the front parking lot. This stops the flow of traffic.
our time & resources will support the school, students, & teachers. Membership forms are available in the office or via the link. Please return completed forms to the front office, & your membership card(s) will be sent home with your student.
Progress Reports and Report Cards
August 10th -7th and 8th grade girls Blues & Greys Night/Athletics Parent Meeting 5pm-7pm
August 10th- 7th and 8th grade boys & Greys Night/Athletics Parent Meeting 6pm-8pm
August 11th & 12th Volleyball Tune-Ups
August 16th- First Day of School
August 17th Volleyball tryouts begin
August 24th- Open House (Details Coming Soon)
September 22nd- Picture Day
September 6th- Labor Day Holiday (Student & Staff Holiday)
September 7th- Professional Development for teachers (Student Holiday)
John Fahey, Principal
Kayla Livingston, Assistant Principal (A-L)
Andrea Lasher, Assistant Principal (M-Z)