CUSD Childcare Newsletter
Week of July 9, 2019
SCHEDULING FOR 2019-2020
- Be sure to include your child's name and DOB in your response
- You will receive a follow-up verification email indicating your choices and pricing
If you need to make changes, please do so before August 19th. Once teacher assignments have been handed out, you will receive another email requesting your child's homeroom teacher so we know who to notify regarding your childcare scheduling. Any questions, contact Tracy and thanks!
UPDATED BELLS, PRICING & SIBLING CARE INFORMATION
If you have not been made aware, CUSD changed the bell schedule for the 2019-2020 school year, highlighted above. As a result, our childcare pricing structure has changed. Please take time to review our new fees for the 2019-2020 school year.
We will no longer offer Sibling Care for grades K-5, however, because TK is now half-day for the entire year, we will begin to offer Sibling Care for those TK-ers with older siblings. If you elect this option, you must provide the name and grade of your TK-er's older sibling for verification before we can proceed with scheduling and billing.
Out of Office Notifications:
- Tracy Denault will be out of town starting Tuesday, July 16th and will return Monday, July 29th. During this time you can contact Lisa Alonso with questions or concerns.
- Lisa Alonso will be out of town starting Friday, July 26th and will return Monday, August 5th. During this time you can contact Tracy Denault with questions or concerns.
Missing Childcare Paperwork
- You can easily submit the form online from your phone or pcu
- Childcare will not be available for families without this form on file
- Drop-in charges were added for June, emails were sent and all invoices are ready for payment.
- Please log in to your Procare account and verify your balance is paid. If you have credit we are happy to apply that to next year's charges or else contact our office to resolve.
- We did not include late payments for the month of June since the we had several families encountering problems with the website, however any accounts with a balance will incur a fee if not paid by July 1, 2019.
Enjoy your summer and we look forward to seeing you next year!
Online Registration NOW OPEN
Instructions for Registration
Parents enrolling in child care must complete a 2-step application process and will be notified upon acceptance, at which point and NOT before, students are eligible to attend.
Step 1. Register in MyProcare, our online scheduling and payment program
- New Child Care Registration (for families brand new to Child Care)
- Returning Child Care Re-Registration (for families currently registered for Child Care)
Step 2. Review & Submit Required Documents
Step 3. All families will be notified in August to determine scheduling and billing
NEW! Text messaging in 2019-2020
- "Cell" is selected as phone type
- Your number is accurate
- Your cell carrier is selected
You can update this information anytime by logging in to your account! We appreciate your help in ensuring our program continues to improve for your family and ours!!!
Application for Automated Monthly ACH/Credit Payments. To be returned to the Childcare Office or emailed to the director.
Cost and Fees Policy
Frequently asked questions:
When will I be contacted about my before/aftercare needs for the coming school year?Around August 1st, we will reach out to every family that has registered online and establish your schedule and billing cycle. If you have your classroom teacher assignment, please let us know at this time too!
What is the payment schedule and can I cancel anytime?
You will be billed in 10 equal payments, with one divided in half between August and June. You can change or cancel your childcare services at anytime but these requests must be submitted before the 1st of the month or with at least 48 hours notice before the change.
Why can't I add new siblings to my account when I re-register my existing child?
All siblings need to be added by the site administrator. Please email their names and birth dates directly to the email above and then you will be notified when you can log in to complete registration.
I need to change my contact information. Can I make changes?
You can change your personal information at anytime however, spouse or emergency contact info can only be changed by the site administrator. Please email us above.
Before School Activities
We offer care starting at 6:30 a.m. where students can quietly study or read, join a morning activity or catch up with friends. Care is located in Village Hall for Village elementary students, in the Childcare "A" Room at ECDC for TK and Kindergartners, and in the Child Care room at Silver Strand. Upon arrival, parents are required to check in their child/children through our system. Breakfast is not available through the District, but children may bring their own. At 8:00 a.m., we escort the children to their respective playgrounds to line up for school.
After School Activities
Afternoon Child Care, at all sights, begins once school is let out and students are led from their classrooms to begin the check-in process and then participate in a variety of daily indoor and outdoor activities. Each day we will offer an array of activities for the enjoyment of the children along with an afternoon snack. We also offer a homework club on Mondays - Thursdays at Village Elementary. Care is available until 6pm at all District sites.
Parent Pick Up
All children must be checked out in our system when they are picked up NO LATER THAN 6pm. For the students at Village, checking out is done through Village Hall located on H Avenue. At ECDC and Silver Stand, parents will check out students at the Child Care classroom. If you are going to have someone else pick up your child that is not on the Emergency Contact List or Authorized Contact List, please email the Director with 24-hour notice. The children will not be allowed to leave Child Care without your prior permission! Please remind people picking up to bring a photo ID.
Summer Activities Out and Around Town
CUSD Preschool & Childcare Department
Emergency Cell: (619) 972-5561
Village: (619) 522-8915 ext. 5884
ECDC: (619) 522-6087
Silver Strand: (619) 522-8934 ext. 4081