Angels of the Battlefield
Facts About Clara Barton
- Founder of the American Red Cross, witch formed on May 21, 1881 and purpose to have a humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance.
- At a young age Clara was familure of a war enviroment, due to her fathers story's of when he served in the revolutionary war.
- In 1862 the U.S surgean general permitted her to travel to the front line.
- She later set up a bureau of recards in washington and traced 20,000 name of lost loved one who had died in battle.
- In 1868 her voice failed, and she could no longer lecture people on her experiences of the war.
- Clara was a school teacher for 12 years in Canada and West Georgia.
- Could have been the first women to hold a job in the government.
Born in 1821.
Died at the age of 90, in 1912
Clara Barton nusing a wounded soldier back to health.
Clara Barton on a postage stamp.
Clara Barton comforting a dieing soldier.
Picture of the nureses in the 1860's.