All the info you need about this tasty treat! by: Mavneet
Chocolate health benefits:
This cacao tree is grown in the tropics and is grown 10 to 20 degrees north and south of the equator. (Photo from worldagroforestry.org)
Each cacao pod is about the size of a pineapple. A cacao pod contains 30-50 seeds. ( photo from ivoryccc.com)
This bean is the dried seed of the cacao tree or (theobroma cacao) these beans have a fairly soft pale lavender to dark brownish purple colour. (Photo from festivalofchocolate.ca)
Con's about chocolate
Where chocolate began
Reflection of success criteria
Here is my success criteria for my independent writing I hope you enjoy Ms. Harper!
1. lots of detail- I have included lots of detail in each paragraph on chocolate I made sure I could find the most information on each topic as much as I can.
2. the layout of newspaper- I looked at a couple of newspapers and figured out that each newspaper contains at least: pictures, a title, a date, subtitles, headings, usually websites and sources, I have included pictures, a title, headings, sources, subtitles.
3. I looks at many point of views in chocolate- (pro's and con's)
4. I made sure my newspaper was appealing- pictures and a fun facts column and I did a timeline of chocolate (where chocolate began and favorite chocolates brands of 2015)
5. target audience: my target audience is mainly for kids my age because this tasty treat is for kids and not adults