The Colt Courier
March 6, 2020
Can you believe we only have 3 more weeks until spring break? This is a time of year where we need to push extra hard, but remember a break is coming soon. I learned a few things in my principal's meeting yesterday. The state is still working on approving either a 5% salary increase or a standard $3,000 increase for all staff members. We are hoping that this passes. Also, contracts will be sent out electronically on April 17th. If you have any changes in plans for next year, please try to let me know as soon as possible. Thank you for all you do an have a great weekend!
The talent show will be May 1st this year.
- On K registration days, it is important that your attendance is done by 7:40 and you will have a child take the breakfast sheet to the cafeteria, instead of sending it in your folder.
- The Grant deadline of March 27th is quickly approaching. Here is the link with the information for writing a grant. Please let me know as soon as possible if you will need a letter of support from me. https://www.foundationforfortmillschools.org/programs/grant_programs/grant_overview.html
- March 13th is a workday. You have the day in your classrooms.
- I am in interviews all day the 9th, 10th, 13th, and 16th. I apologize, but we still have a lot of open positions.
- Congratulations to our Biggest Loser, Mrs. Hazelwood, this week.
- On March 16, I will place March Madness brackets in the workroom if you are interested in filling it out to compete for jeans passes. Mrs. Strayer will send out more information.
Colt Shout Outs
Shout out to Mrs. Keckeis for her 5th graders participating in the Electric Cooperatives writing contest, and one group from her class won for our local electric co-op. Congrats to her students: Landon Riley, Grayson Roberts, Iniyan Gokulkumar, and Ohm Patel.
Shout out to Mrs. Stewart. She went above and beyond for one of her kids on the field trip. -Gaunt
Shout out to Mary Raines for taking my morning duty on Thursday so I could rest my tired pregnant feet! You are the sweetest Mary!! - Capaldi
Shout out to Mrs. Thomas for cooking chili for the Cookoff and for Mrs. Marsters for making Chili Ray Cyrus shirts.
Shout out to Mr. McCurley for the amazing Ukulele performances for fifth grade! They did great! 5th Grade
SES Teacher Website
Our Google Site will provide access to a variety of resources including: Master Schedules, Handbooks, Calendars, Faculty Rosters, etc...