Fourth Grade News
Mrs. Spencer's Class - Week of 9/28
Learning with this group each day is a delight! Please read on to check out a few photos from our week as well as important updates and reminders. The Homecoming Week dress up days are listed below as well. I hope you have a terrific week!
Polygon Constructions & Geometry Posters
UPDATES, OBJECTIVES, & LINKS
This Week's Important Updates:
- Chess Club: Please see the attached flyer for Chess Club registration information. This is an awesome opportunity for students, and no prior experience is required!
- KoMet PRIDE Apparel Orders: KoMet PRIDE orders are due tomorrow. This is the only order that will be placed this school year. Orders will be available for pick-up at conferences. Order here: http://stores.inksoft.com/kometpride
- Late Start: School will start two hours delayed on Wednesday due to staff PLCs.
- Chaperone Opportunity: Our class will be taking a field trip to Cascade Meadow in Rochester on Friday, October 23rd. We will depart school ~11:35 and will return by 2:45. I am seeking 3 chaperones for the trip. You are welcome to ride the bus with us or can meet us at Cascade Meadow if you prefer. Please email me if you're interested in joining us!
- Fire Prevention Week Coloring Contest: Students will receive a coloring sheet today for Fire Prevention Week. Entries are due THIS Friday.
- Yearbook Pre-Ordering: You may begin pre-ordering yearbooks at this time. The link to order is: https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/. Orders will still be due in the late-Winter time, and I will notify you as I know the deadline.
- Conference Sign-Up: Please be sure to sign up for conferences on October 12th & 13th. If you have a conflict with the available times, please contact me, and we can work on scheduling another date before or after school that works for your family.
- Transportation Changes?: Please write a note in your child’s planner, send me a note, or send me an e-mail any time your child has a change in transportation plans.
Homecoming Week is Here!
Monday (P): PJ Day..."ROLL out of bed & ROCK your day!"
Tuesday (R): Rock Star Day….Show your ROCKIN’ style...dress like a ROCK STAR!
Wednesday (I): “I Want to Be” day…What do you want to be when you grow up? Let your “inner ROCK STAR” shine!
Thursday (D): Display your KoMet Pride….Wear your blue & white and ROCK ON!
Friday (E): ESPN Day…..ROCK the style of your favorite team & ROLL through the day!
Constitution Links from Mrs. Johnson:
Study help for the Gr. 4 test on the Constitution (“We the People” song)
Mrs. Johnson’s Google Presentation
On Mrs. Johnson’s website under Gr. 4 Activities
Elementary School/Academics/Special Subjects/Music/ Johnson/Gr. 4 Activities
We the People (Constitution Song)
**Students will have a test in Music class THIS Thursday, October 1st.
Writers' Workshop in Action!
Note on Healthy Snack Cart:
Thank you for participating in the Healthy Snack Cart for the 2015-16 School Year! Due to generous donations from local resources, there were Snack Cart Scholarships available for this school year. The scholarship application form was required in order to be considered for a scholarship.
If your child received a scholarship for the 2015-16 school year, he/she will be bringing home a blue slip of paper indicating this scholarship.
If you did not fill out the application but are still in need of a scholarship, please fill out the attached form and return it to the office. There are a limited number of scholarships still available. You will be notified by phone if you receive a scholarship after this time.
If your child has not paid for the Healthy Snack Cart or did not receive a scholarship, he/she will need to bring a snack.
If you have any questions, please contact Lindsey Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
This Week's Objectives:
- We are continuing our work in our first issue of Storyworks.
- We are writing and revising personal narratives.
- We are discussing strategies that are part of CAFE (Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency, Expanding Vocabulary).
- We are building our reading stamina and continuing with our class pursuit of reading a picture book each day (#BookADay Challenge).
- We are completing the Unit 1 Math Assessment.
- We are examining types and uses of numbers.
- We are establishing routines for practicing and quizzing on math facts.
- We are reviewing place value in whole numbers.
- We are building speed and accuracy with math facts.
Science/ Social Studies:
- We are discussing tools of scientists and working on the skills of observation and classification.
- In Mr. Naylor's Social Studies class, students are developing mapping skills.
Guest Reader - Thank You, Mr. Langemo!
Check out the delight on students' faces! We LOVE to read!
Connect With Our Class!
Remind App: Text @spencerkm to 81010
Wishing you a fantastic week!
Please contact me with any questions or comments.