Highland Lakes Newsletter
During this month we will kick off more family engagement opportunities including our first PTA and SAC meeting, Grandparent's and family lunch day! We continue to seek out opportunities to invite volunteers and mentors. If you are interested in any volunteering and/or mentorship please contact Carolyn Burke, Family and Community Liaison.
Furthermore, this week we will begin to celebrate and recognize individual students for their commitment to character and leadership. Recognized students will be recorded, and this recorded video will be shared on our Highland Lakes Panthers Facebook page (only students with media releases) for families to view each month.
Lastly, this month we will begin sending home extended learning opportunity flyers for afterschool clubs and tutoring. Please be on the lookout for these great FREE resources and supports!
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out during our business hours Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. -4:00 p.m. Have a great month!
ELP- Extended Learning Opportunities
- Student Lighthouse Team (Leader in Me): Grades 2-3
- Art Club: Grades 3-4th grade
- Art Club (school beautification projects): Grades 1-5
- Garden Club: Grades 3-5
- Yearbook Club: Grades 4-5
- Multicultural Club: Grades 3-4
- Chess Club: Grades 2-3
- Book Club Competition: Grades 3-5
- Boys Book Club Competition: Grades3-5
- Spanish/Greek: Grade 5
- Small group tutoring- Initiations sent home with individual students by the teacher.
- STEM: TBD
Upcoming Events and Important Dates
- 9/4- No School- Labor Day
- 9/5- Extended Learning Program flyers go home with students
- 9/7- Student Fall Picture Day
- 9/11- Grandparent's Lunch Day (see flyer below- MUST BRING A PHOTO ID)
- 9/11- Extended Learning Programs after school begin
- 9/11- PTA and SAC meeting 6:00-7:00 p.m.-Media Center
- 9/12- Book Blast Kick-off!
- 9/12- Mid-term progress reports go home with students
- 9/21- National Honor Society Induction Night 6:30 p.m.
- 9/25- NO SCHOOL- Teacher Planning Day
- 9/28- Open House Night 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- 9/29- Family Lunch day (MUST BRING PHOTO ID)
4th: Harper/Siemon- 11:25
4th: Brizendine/Metts- 11:50