North Star News - Family Edition
Message from Dr. Llewellyn & Mrs. Watkins
We had a great first week of school. The students are very excited to be sitting in groups and enjoy eating lunch in the cafeteria each day with their friends. It makes my heart happy to see the students eager to come to school each day. I love seeing them happy to get off the bus or out of the car each morning. Thank you for sharing your children with us.
Mrs. Watkins and I are looking forward to a great school year. We cannot wait to welcome parents and families into the building for events again - it has been a long time!
If you have questions or concerns about anything moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach out to either of us. We look forward to seeing each of you soon.
North Stars Always Shine Brightly!
Dr. Llewellyn, Principal
Mrs. Watkins, Assistant Principal
Breakfast and 🌭 Lunch Menu for September
Character Trait for the Month of September ---RESPECT
North Elementary School Pledge
North Elementary School's Star Expectations
Policies & Procedures
- No spaghetti straps
- No crop tops (tummies should not be visible)
- Skirts and shorts should be finger-tip length
- Undergarments should not be visible through clothes
- No profanity or weapons on t-shirts or clothing
- No saggy shorts or pants
Students who wear any of the above will be provided with the opportunity to call home for a change of clothes or will be offered one of our stock t-shirts/pants.
Cell Phones -
- Students in grades pre-K through 3 are not permitted to carry cell phones (smart watches).
- Students in grades 4-12 will be permitted to possess a cell phone only with the permission of the parent/guardian.
- Cell phones (smartwatches) must remain OFF during the school day and OFF on the school bus.
- The student is solely responsible for his/her cell phone. The school and its staff are not liable for student's cell phones.
Consequences of Students in Grades 4 – 12 Violating Any Rule Relating to Cell Phone Use:
First Offense: Warning by the teacher.
Second Offense: Phone turned into the office, the student may pick it up at the end of the day.
Third Offense: Phone seized and turned over to the parent.
Student Growth Assessments
Welcome Message from Dr. Sroufe
We’re excited to be able to allow parents back into our school this year! We are looking for volunteer room parents who are willing to help in each class. You will work directly with the teacher to help plan activities for your child’s class and help serve as a communication link for the other parents in your class. If you’re interested in serving as a room parent, please email us at Northpto@colonialhts.net to sign up.
To become a member of our North PTO you can complete this FORM. Once you complete the form, please send your dues to school with your child in an envelope marked PTO. Starting in October PTO meetings will be held on the fourth Tuesday of each month. More information will follow in the coming weeks.
🙋🏽 Important Reminders
- We will invite parents/guardians to have lunch with their child starting in October.
- A special table will be set on the stage for the parent/guardian and their child during their
Parent Portal, Bus Routes, Chromebooks, etc. Click HERE
- Students may enter the building as early as 8:10 a.m. each morning
- The tardy bell rings at 8:25 a.m.
- Students are dismissed at 3:05 p.m.
If you are picking your child up early - please do so BEFORE 2:30 p.m. After 2:30 p.m. your child will need to wait for normal dismissal times and procedures.