Summit Class of 2020 News
It's the final countdown!
I also want to take the time to catch you up on several important items:
- Student OCCTs and EOIs are underway. Your 8th grader will take 5 this year! Tests will be morning, afternoon, or both May 5th, May 6th, and May 9th. If a student misses their testing session, they will be added to a later session or make up the test after May 9th. Students will be transported via school bus to Memorial High School or Santa Fe High School to take the tests. We bus our students to the high schools to allow our students to test during one test session with their classmates. This has been our practice for many years and has helped us complete testing in a much shorter time span. If you have questions regarding testing, please contact me directly.
- If your student owes a fee or a fine, please make sure that gets cleared up quickly. Fees & fines must be paid before money can be collected for upcoming field trips, incentives, and other events. To find out if your student owes a fee or fine at Summit, simply click here to log onto the InTouch system where you can pay for everything online! Also, students need to turn in over-due library books right away!
- Spanish Proficiency testing to determine whether students earn high school credit for Spanish 1 will be conducted over the next 2 weeks. The test consists of written, listening, writing, speaking, and multiple choice assessments.
- End-of-year events:
5/10 - Golden Summit - by invitation only
5/13 - "The Talk" by Mercy Physicians
5/16 - Hoopla during elective hours
5/17 - 8th grade Awards & Promotion Ceremony, 9:00-11:00 @ Life.Church OKC
5/18 - Musical Productions performances during elective hours
5/19 - Talent Show & Yearbook distribution
5/20 - Main Event field trip
8th Grade Principal
From Parent Club
- Summit Parent Club
8th Grade Awards & Promotion Ceremony
- Tuesday, May 17th at Life.Church, 2001 NW 178th St (3 miles north of Summit on Penn)
- Students should be dressed appropriately for the occasion. Girls: dressy within dress code and make sure they wear shoes they can walk in. Guys: Slacks are preferred or dark jeans with no holes. Collared dress shirts are preferred, but please no t-shirts.
- Ceremony begins at 9:00 a.m. Please arrive with your student by 8:30 a.m.
- After the ceremony, we will have one bus to shuttle students desiring to return to
school for the remainder of the day. If you choose to continue celebrating with your student after the ceremony, please leave a message on our regular attendance line
@ 726-6072 so that we can mark it appropriately.