JCMS Parent Newsletter
April 11 - 15
- Rileys Dance - Right before Spring Break, JYIT held our annual Riley Dance. The purpose of this event is to raise money for Rileys Children Hospital. We are proud to say that this year we raised of $1000 to donate to this cause. Way to go JCMS in truly living the Panther Way!!!
- The Una Voce Showcase - will be on April 29 at 7:00 pm in the JCMS auditorium. Tickets are on sale in the choir room. Seating is reserved, so please make sure to get your tickets in advance for the low price of $2 for students, $4 for adults. You can order your tickets at school or contact Mrs. Frey via email: email@example.com, and send in your payment. You can chance getting a ticket at the door the night of the concert as well. We will be performing a tribute to Michael Jackson as well as many different pop numbers!
- JCMS Family Night - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5X2wXTZFLqSZllxQ3lHdmVhb1k/view?usp=sharing
- 8th Grade Dance - The 8th grade dance theme is “Paris Nights"! We will again be hosting a canned food drive to benefit the Wayside Inn. Homerooms will be collecting canned goods to help their King/Queen candidate couple collect the most canned goods so they can be crowned on the night of the dance. We are also asking that each 8th grade student donate 1 two liter of drink to be used at the dance. They can bring that anytime from now until the day of the dance.
- Attire Expectations for the 8th Grade Dance - JCMS boys may wear khaki pants or shorts and a collared shirt. JCMS girls may wear dresses that are no shorter than mid-thigh and no longer than mid-calf. They cannot wear dresses that are tight or extra form fitting.
- Parents for 8th Grade Dance - Parents of 8th graders are invited to come to the 8th grade dance planning meetings. The meetings will be held on Tuesdays beginning March 1st. The meetings will be at 6:00 p.m. in room 144.
2016 ISTEP+ Windows - Please avoid scheduling all appointments or other things where your student misses school on the following dates: April 18-29. These dates are when we will be taking ISTEP+ this year.
Picking Up Your Student at the End of the Day - Please make sure that you are picking students up in the afternoon in the back of the building. Picking them up in the front lot is very dangerous with all of the bus traffic and then walkers as they leave after buses.
Snow Make-up Days -
Date Missed - Make-Up Date
January 11 - Monday, January 18 (MLK Day)
January 12 - Thursday May 19th
January 20 - Friday May 20th
Picking Students Up for Appointments - Make a doctors appointment for your student during the school day? No problem! - call ahead or write a note for your student to bring to the main office letting us know what time you will be here. By letting us know ahead of time, we are able to have your student in the main office ready to go by the time you arrive.
2015-2016 Yearbooks - Now on Sale!! Order forms are being mailed home or you can go to: ybpay.lifetouch.com and enter Yearbook ID Code: 12069116. Prices start at $25 for a yearbook.
7th Grade Math Help - Struggling in math? Mrs. Ballenger will be available for tutoring and extra help every Thursday until 4:00pm.
New ISTEP+ Test - If you want to see what all the hype is about and try some of the new ISTEP+ based questions yourself, visit http://parcc.pearson.com/practice-tests/english/.
- Comment Box - Please help make our school better. If you have feedback for us or a suggestion on how we would do something better, please click the following link and let us know. Be as detailed as possible in your suggestion so we are able to act upon it. http://goo.gl/forms/yUo6t4sp8X
Hoops for Heart Champs 7th Grade
Our Hoops for Heart fundraiser raised over $2000 this year for the American Heart Association. Way to go JCMS!!!
Hoops for Heart Champs 8th Grade
Technology Update: eLearning Days
There have been a lot of questions about how snow days will be made up next year. Below is the corporations response to what eLearning days are and how we will use them.
An eLearning Day is a virtual learning opportunity for JCSC students that allows them to complete their academic assignments outside of the traditional school location and time period during inclement weather. A JCSC eLearning Day could occur on a scheduled make-up day or on the actual day of bad weather. By taking advantage of the virtual learning opportunity from the IDOE, during the 2016-2017 school year JCSC students will be able to participate in eLearning days allowing virtual days to count on the school calendar. During an eLearning day, students will be practicing skills that are necessary for future success in the workplace. Teachers will have virtual tools (e.g. phone, email, digital tools like Google Classroom) to guide instruction and answer questions throughout the day. During a JCSC eLearning Day, students will have full access to online instruction provided by each students' individual teachers.