St. Columba Catholic School - News every Friday - 2/14/21
Happy Valentines Day!
On a day that focuses on love, I am reminded about how much love we have on our campus. We are truly blessed to have such a close community rooted in both Christ's love for all of us but also our love for each other.
Next week, we transition into the Lenten season, starting with Ash Wednesday. During this season, we reflect on the final days of Christ's time on Earth and his journey towards his suffering, death, and resurrection.
For Mass this week, we will gather together as a whole community on Ash Wednesday. There will be no Masses this week on Tuesday or Thursday. Also, parents and family members are welcome to join us for Ash Wednesday Mass at the lunch tables at 8:25.
Here is a look ahead at the upcoming events on campus:
- Monday, February 15: NO SCHOOL (President's Day)
- Tuesday, February 16:
- Wednesday, February 17: Ash Wednesday Mass (8:25am)
- Thursday, February 18:
- Friday, February 19: 1/2 Day for K-8; Trivia Night (6pm)
Trivia Night #2!
After the success of our first Trivia Night, we are hosting a second night of fun.
Trivia Night #2 will be on February 19th at 6pm.
Just like last time, there are 3 ways you can participate:
1. Trivia Only: For $15, two guests can join our Virtual Trivia Game hosted over Zoom!
2. Beer Only: For $15, receive a 4 pack of 12oz Alesmith Brewing Beers (Sublime Mexican Lager, .394 San Diego Pale Ale, Local Oasis Tiki IPA, Luped in IPA)
3. Trivia and Beer: For $25, Receive a 4 pack of 12oz Alesmith Brewing Beers and two guests can join our Virtual Trivia game hosted over Zoom!
This time, you can pre-select your team if you would like!
To purchase, please see the link to purchase on the Schoolspeak homepage!
Tuition Assistance Application Open - Two Weeks Left!
This year, any family that wishes to receive any amount of Tuition Assistance, including Diocesan Tuition Assistance, must apply through FACTS. In the past, this process was through a different provider, but we have brought everything in line through FACTS, the same provider we use for Tuition Management.
Families applying for tuition assistance will need to complete an application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment by February 26, 2021. Applicants can apply online by clicking the FACTS link at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3CY5Y.
Once an online application has been completed, the following information will need to be sent to FACTS to complete the application process:
- Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF.
All supporting documentation can be uploaded in pdf or jpeg format online. If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 866-441-4637. I have also attached a flyer from FACTS with other helpful information.
Please remember that we will only provide tuition assistance to families that apply for assistance. If you do not apply, we will not provide tuition assistance, regardless of the amount of assistance you may have received this year.
As a friendly reminder, don't forget to re-register for the 2021-2022 school year before March 12th to get $50 off the registration fee per child.
Registration forms are available in the Welcome Center and can also be accessed through Schoolspeak.
If you know that you will not be returning, please let Mr. Amann know as soon as possible so that he can plan accordingly.
How to Access Tax Documents from FACTS
If you need to access your tax documents from FACTS, please see the document below for the steps to follow.