Save the Ocean
140 Million Sq. Mi. of the Earth's Surface Need Your Help!!
- Global fish populations are rapidly depleting due to demand, loss of habitat and unsustainable fish practices.
- Approximately 1.4 billion pounds of trash per year enters the ocean and kills tens of thousands of marine animals each year.
- Trash is being left on beaches, rocks and wildlife are being disturbed
- Cruise Ships and Boats often leave behind oil in the Ocean which is harmful for Marine animals. A large cruise ship carries thousands of passengers that produce personal waste that gets left dropped into the Ocean.
Some things you can do
- Make Safe, Sustainable Seafood Choices
- Use Fewer Plastic Products
- Help Take Care of the Beach
- Travel the Ocean Responsibly
- Educate Yourself About Oceans and Marine Life
Plastic bottles everywhere
1,065,171 bottles are found on the beach
"Be part of the solution, not the pollution" Find an organization to help and be part of the solution!
Oceans are a huge part of our world and they need love too!
World Ocean Day
Friday, June 8th 2018 at 11am
Pier 39, San Francisco, CA, United States
San Francisco, CA
Encouraging solutions for plastic pollution and preventing marine litter for healthier a ocean and a better future