Windsor's Weekly Scribe
Week of February 1st, 2021
Principal Lee DuMond
What We Stand For
Vision: All Windsor students will be at or above grade level proficiency by 2nd grade and maintain or increase each subsequent year (grades 3-6)
Mission: Provide students with more opportunities to learn and develop academically and socially
Core Values: 1) Be curious instead of furious 2) Be proactive
Welcome Back! How We Are Handling COVID-19
A Note from the Nurse
If your child has a medical condition that requires them to take medication at school, we need a medication authorization form filled out and signed by the child's medical doctor. If your child will be taking medications at school, please contact Nurse Rachel Patrick via email at email@example.com to get the appropriate form sent to you.
The medication forms can be found on the CCS website as well. A form needs to be filled out for all medications including over the counter and asthma inhalers. All medications sent to school need to be brought in by an adult on the first day of in person learning with the appropriate forms filled out and signed by the doctor. All medications need to be in original packaging.
Hybrid Parent Return Preliminary start dates and checklist
- February 1 - These student groups will transition to a blended learning model, which means they will attend classes at school two days per week and at home three days per week. They will begin Blended Learning on February 1 and continue in this model in the weeks thereafter.
- All students in grades Pre-K through 3.
- Students with identified complex needs in grades Pre-K through 12.
- Students in Career and Technical Education programs at Columbus Downtown High School and the Fort Hayes Career Center.
- February 8 - These student groups will transition to a blended learning model, which means they will attend classes at school two days per week and at home three days per week. They will begin Blended Learning on February 8 and continue in this model in the weeks thereafter.
- All students in grades 4 and 5.
- Students in grades 6 through 12 (except those with identified complex needs) will remain in a remote learning model until additional transportation logistics can be worked out to meet COVID-19 health and safety guidelines.
HYBRID FIRST DAY CHECK LIST
Parent Feed Back
School & Community Resources
Tea with Tate
Wednesday, Feb. 3rd, 6pm
This is an online event.
Family Box Tuesdays
Tuesday, Feb. 2nd, 1:30pm
1219 East 12th Avenue
Fuel Up CCS is now serving hot meals daily for students 18 years of age and younger
Wednesday, Feb. 3rd, 11am
11320 Duxberry Ave, Columbus, OH 43211
Beginning Wednesday, February 3rd the District will continue to provide grab-and-go option from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., with more traditional menu items. Unfortunately, Windsor will no longer provide lunches for the community on site. Lunches will now be distributed at any of the Columbus City School High Schools. They also will have evening hours from 4pm to 6pm for families who may need later availability.
The meals will include freshly prepared hot and cold items such as pizza, hamburgers, lasagna rolls, salads, fresh fruits and vegetables, muffins, juice, and milk. During this time, families will also be able to pick up the next day’s breakfast.
Also, new, take-home meals will be available to support students on the weekends and holidays.
Learning Extension Center & After Care Program
St. Stephen's Community House has a LEC, Monday through Friday from 12pm-3:30pm offering a place for students K through 6th grade to have internet access and Adults supervision. St. Stephen's Community House also offers a after school program from 3:30pm-6pm Monday through Thursday with a STEM focus.
The program started Tuesday, October 6,2020 and ends Thursday, May 20, 2021.
Contact: Robert Brown
WE MISS YOU!
We miss you so much and here are the wonderful bulletin boards to prove it. Which one is your favorite bulletin board? If you don't know where to go find your teachers bulletin board!
We are here for you every step of the way!
What does every hot air balloon need?
What things do you like to fly or see fly?
What is your favorite tennis shoe?
What have you done kind lately?
What do you love about fall?
Do you like our new school logo? Answer these questions and get a chance to win a gift card!