Week 2B and 3A
- Identify right angles, acute angles and obtuse angles
- Revise multiplication facts of two, three, five and ten and related division facts
- Revise 2D and 3D shapes
Speaking & Listening:
- Discussing the considerations to take into account when building a structure
- Discuss the nature and effects of some language devices used to enhance meaning and shape the reader’s reaction, including rhythm and onomatopoeia in poetry and prose
Reading & Viewing:
- Use research skills effectively
- Take notes without plagiarising material
Unit of Inquiry:We have finished the UOI, "Over time, living things need to adapt in order to survive" and the girls have made very deep reflections on their learning. Many of the girls are keen to take action on endangered animals and have been taking action in a variety of ways. A statistic that really shocked us all is that there are only 4 Northern White Rhinos alive in the world.
New Unit of Inquiry:
Over the next week we are going to start our new UOI. The transdisciplinary theme is "How the World Works." The central idea is: The design of buildings and structures is dependent on the environment, human creativity and the availability of resources."
Lines of Inquiry:
Considerations to take into account when building a structure
The impact of buildings and structures on the environments
- Local architecture and its connection with the needs of the community and availability of materials
They key concepts are:
More information about the unit will be shared as we begin to unpack it.