Davis Richmond E-News
September 27, 2019
News from PTO
Wednesday, October 2nd at 7pm at Richmond Intermediate LRC.
All parents and teachers are welcomed and encouraged to attend. Please come and take this opportunity to be an active part of the Davis Richmond PTO and voice your opinion on current events and planning.
CHIPOTLE RESTAURANT NIGHT (Geneva Location)
Coming up on Oct 8th - Mark your calendars
33% of proceeds come back to our schools!
DAVIS PRIMARY NEWS
OCTOBER ARRIVES TUESDAY!!!
. . . and with it, thoughts of cornstalks, pumpkins and fall celebrations. October 31st will be here before we know it so we would like you to be aware of our plans so you might help your student prepare.
- The parties will consist of a parade, games, crafts, and treats.
- Students in grades K -2 should bring their costumes in a bag. Students should be able to put on their own costumes. Students may put on costumes at 1:00 p.m. (1/2 Day Kdg students will come to school in costumes.)
- We are a primary school so costumes should not be violent or scary in nature – No blood, guts, or weapons. We will not be wearing masks. Make-up is discouraged because it is difficult to apply. No bare midriffs or scant clothing.
- Fall Party Room Parents may go to the classrooms at 1:15 to begin party set up and to assist with the costumes after checking in at the office.
- The parade will begin at 1:30 p.m.
- Parents may line up around the perimeter of the Kdg playground blacktop on the north side of the bldg to watch the parade. (If raining, we will parade in the cafeteria and gym.)
- Parties inside will begin once students arrive back to their classrooms and end at 2:35.
- Clean up should be complete by 2:45 so teachers have time to get children ready for dismissal.
- We ask that only the room parents attend the inside parties as we do not have space to host everyone and a crowd may be overwhelming to our small students.
- If you are a parent assisting with the celebration, please do not wear a mask or disguise that would make it difficult to recognize you as a safe person.
We truly want to be sensitive to the needs of our little learners and appreciate your assistance with the guidelines listed above. Let’s make it a special day for all!
PICTURE MAKE-UP/RETAKE DAY - Reminder
Picture make-up/retakes are scheduled for Friday, October 4. Packets MUST be returned for Re-takes.
RICHMOND INTERMEDIATE NEWS
RICHMOND AM BREAKFAST/SNACK CART
Did you know that Organic Life offers a morning Food Service to ALL Richmond students?
In the morning, from 7:40-8:05 am, all Richmond students are able to go grab a breakfast/snack bag in the front hallway. The process is the same as lunch. Students find their id card and money is deducted from their online school account. Students who receive free and reduced lunch services would follow the same process of scanning their lunch card.
Students can use this on a regular basis if you choose, or they can use it when they forget to eat breakfast or forget their daily snack. Please discuss this service with your child should the need arise.
- The daily cost for breakfast is $1.60
- The daily cost for students on reduced lunch is $0.30
- There is no cost to students receiving free lunch, breakfast is also included.
If you should have any questions about breakfast, please call the main office at (331) 228-2800.
PAJAMA DAY FUNDRAISER
At Richmond we are going to kick off our first Friday in October with a Pajama Day. Students may come to school wearing their pajamas on Friday, October 4th. We ask that you bring in an optional donation anywhere from $1-$3. We will use this money to help support students who are in need of snacks.
RICHMOND FALL PARTY AND COSTUME INFO
Fall parties are right around the corner and we would like you to be aware of our plans and expectations so that you can help your student to prepare. Our celebration is scheduled for Thursday, October 31, 2019.
- The parade will run from 2:00 pm to 2:20 pm. Parents may line up along 12th street.
- Classroom parties will run from 2:20 pm - 2:50 pm.
- Room Parents will be allowed to go to classrooms at 1:50 pm for party set up and to assist with costumes after they have checked in at the office.
If inclement weather, the parade will take place in the Community Room. Parents are welcome to attend the parade.
- Students should bring costumes in a bag. Costumes must be appropriate for school. Costumes should not be violent or scary in nature. No blood, guts, or weapons. No masks. Make-up is discouraged because it is difficult to apply. No bare midriffs or scant clothing. Students may be asked to remove or put away any parts of costumes based on teacher judgment.
- Room parents who are assisting with the parties should not wear masks or disguises that would make it difficult to recognize them as a safe person.
- Only room parents may attend the classroom parties
- Room parents will provide healthy treats during the party. Please DO NOT bring treats/candy.
What are CARE meetings?
CARE meetings take place at least two times a week in every classroom. CARE stands for Creating A Respectful Environment. The CARE meetings are our focus this year for our social-emotional learning goal as part of our school improvement plan. The purpose of these meetings is to build strong teacher to student and student to student relationships and have strong classroom communities. Our goal is to be responsive and proactive in meeting the needs of students and to build trust and positive relationships. Our focus for the month of October is communication. Throughout the month, we encourage you to ask your child about their CARE meetings.
Wednesday, October 2
- PTO Mtg at Richmond Intermediate from 7:00 – 8:00pm
Friday, October 4
- STC Kick-A-Thon at STC East from 6:00pm
Friday, October 11
- Teacher Institute Half Day - Students released at 11:40am
Monday, October 14
- Columbus Day (No School)
Friday, October 25
- Monster Mash at Richmond from 6:00 - 7:30pm
Thursday, October 31
- Fall Parties