Monday Memo, January 11, 2016
Funkstown School for Early Childhood Education
For the week of Monday, January 11th to Friday, January 15th
OUR VISION: Inspiring Curiosity, Creativity, and Achievement
OUR MISSION: Building a learning environment that meets the needs of every student, fosters mutual respect, and social responsibility which is enhanced by strong partnerships between home, school, and community.
NEWS, Notes and Reminders
- Please give a warm Funkstown welcome to Luke Michael. Luke will begin in his new role of paraprofessional in the transitional Pre-K class. Welcome to Funkstown Luke!!
- Teachers- Please view the following link from Joni Burkhart regarding mid-interval SLO's/Performance Goals. Mid-year SLO/Performance Goal conversations must be completed by February 21st. The video shows the process from the administrators side as well as the teachers side on TeachScape. I will be scheduling SLO conversations beginning this week. Please be prepared to share your data with me and to discuss whether you will make any changes.
Monday, January 11th
- Happy Monday!! I hope you had a restful weekend.
- Leadership Team meeting today at 3:00 PM. If you would like something brought up for discussion please see Melissa Bergan, Jill Mellott, or Tammy Montini. The team will discuss our fund raising efforts and plans for technology PD on Jan. 19th.
Tuesday, January 12th
- Book Mobile at Funkstown today. Please check the schedule in Google docs. Anyone is welcome to visit the Book Mobile, or you may ask Tammy to take a few students from you class if you are not on the schedule.
Wednesday, January 13th
- Comfort Food Feast- bring your favorite comfort food to share today
- Tammy Fotchman and Arlene Reece-Toussaint at Funkstown
- IEP Meetings today beginning at 8:30 in Learning Cottage 3. You will find the schedule for todays meetings here: https://drive.google.com/a/wcboe.k12.md.us/file/d/0B1SFYQNevwIGdmRLNGZvOGszSUE/view?usp=sharing
Thursday, January 14th
Friday, January 15th
- No Pre-K today.
- 2 1/2 hour early dismissal for Kindergarten students. All K classes will have P.E. and will go to lunch at the regular time of 11:15. Dismissal at 12:15 PM.
- End of the second marking period. Friday is an assessment/grading day for teachers.
SCREEN TIME AND YOUNG CHILDREN
- Monday, Jan. 18th - Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Schools and CES closed today.
- Tuesday, Jan. 19th - Professional Learning Day. 1/2 day planning day/1/2 day Principal led PD day.
- Thursday, Jan. 21st - Leadership Council Meeting - Valerie out today.
- Friday, Jan. 22nd - Think Tank meeting, Birth to 5 staff attend.
- Tuesday, Jan. 26th - Staff meeting, Library 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, Jan. 27th - IEP meetings, LC3