McMS Jacket Buzz
McAdory Middle School
As I reflect on my four years here, my heart is filled with joy, pride, and thanksgiving. First, I am thankful for Dr. Gonsoulin and the JEFCOED BOE for giving me the opportunity to serve the amazing faculty, staff, students, and families of the McAdory/McCalla community. I took a leap of faith, leaving my place of comfort to step into unfamiliar territory. I am happy I did. Second, I am thankful for the amazing faculty and staff we have. Everyday I get to see them give their best to our students - sometimes giving up time with their own families just to make sure our students' needs are met. Their devotion to our students is unmatched. They nurture a culture of fairness, love and care, mutual respect, inclusivity and diversity, all focused on the goal of providing students with a safe place to learn and grow.
Third, I am thankful for the unwavering support and dedication of our stakeholders (parents, guardians, community, etc.). I am grateful for the support of the parents in building an excellent community for our students. When we call, they answer - no matter what the matter is. Our parents are top-notch and have demonstrated their commitment to their children's success. Last, I am thankful for the students we serve! Every day I wake up, I marvel at how blessed I am to be able to do the work I do and to do it with the people who make me smile. Our students are some of the most creative, innovative, talented and brightest students around. I love getting to see them live out their hopes and manifest their dreams. I am thankful that God allows me to be a part of it - even if it's just to watch!
I wish each of you the happiest Thanksgiving ever. I pray that you enjoy your families and friends, great food, and football. Just remember that Thanksgiving is not all about the turkey and the trimmings or missing days of school or taking vacations; it's an opportunity to reflect and to give thanks for the wonderful blessings we have. Thank you for being my blessing!
Week 11 6th Grade Students of the Week
Logan Scogin, Junior Peralta-Miguel, and Mikah Mills
Week 11 7th Grade Students of the Week
Rebecca Nelson, Autumn Stacks, Joshua Addison, and Jacksire Martinez-Aguirre
Week 11 8th Grade Students of the Week
Diego Velazquez-Mondragon, Ravin Brewer, and Jeremiah Moore
Week 11 7th Grade Students of the Week
What is i-Ready?
i-Ready is an online program for reading and/or mathematics that will help your student’s teacher(s) determine your student’s needs, personalize their learning, and monitor progress throughout the school year. i-Ready allows your teacher(s) to meet your student exactly where they are and provides data to increase your student’s learning gains. i-Ready consists of two parts: Diagnostic and Personalized Instruction.
- The i-Ready Diagnostic is an adaptive assessment that adjusts its questions to suit your student’s needs. Each item a student sees is individualized based on their answer to the previous question. For example, a series of correct answers will result in slightly harder questions, while a series of incorrect answers will yield slightly easier questions. The purpose of this is not to give your student a score or grade, but instead to determine how best to support your student’s learning.
i-Ready Personalized Instruction
- i-Ready Personalized Instruction provides students with lessons based on their individual skill level and needs, so your student can learn at a pace that is just right for them. These lessons are fun and interactive to keep your student engaged as they learn.
- i-Ready Diagnostics will be given on December 12-15, 2022.
- Students should prepare by working on their personalized learning path at home. It is recommended that they complete 45 minutes a week per subject.
- For more information, visit: https://i-readycentral.com/familycenter/.