January 4, 2021
Dear King Families
I hope this newsletter finds you all well and and rested, filled with holiday or vacation memories with your families. Yesterday I shared with the King Staff, an inspiring music video that was shared with me by a friend. You may have have seen it already, but I think it's well worth viewing again and again. I hope you'll take a few minutes to watch and listen to "Good Job" .
No doubt everyone is happy to welcome in the new year with hopes that it will bring the healthy and happy return of our students to school very soon. We will be returning to school virtually today and hopefully it won't be too long before we can welcome students back into the building. As public health metrics will be monitored carefully, we will need to keep a close eye out for any updates on the return-to-school plan.
This week's King Connections includes:
- * Online Stories with FHS Unicef Club
- * King's Drama Club
- * Grab and Go Food Distribution
- * January's Character Education Theme: ACCEPTANCE
- * Link to Massachusetts Travel Updates During Covid
- * PTO
- * Dates to Remember
Please be sure to utilize the district tech website if you are having any tech issues.
Please note: The district has created this "Return to Learn" page that includes timely planning updates and resources for families.
Check out the video stories read by members of the Framingham High School Unicef Club!
King's Virtual Drama Club is back!
King actors and actresses will explore the various components of theater, including warm-ups and team building exercises, character development, and performing for a virtual audience.
The Drama Club will meet every Wednesday from January 13th through February 24th from 4:00-5:00pm and is open to Grades 1-5.
Click HERE for More Information
GRAB-AND-GO MEAL PICK-UP EXPANDS FROM FOUR SITES TO ALL FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS! Click HERE for More Information!
January's Character Education Theme of the Month is ACCEPTANCE
Definition: Respecting the differences of other people
“I” Statement:I will accept others for who they are.
What does it feel like to be accepted?
- At home
- In your classroom
- In your community
Why can accepting others be hard sometimes?
What steps can I take to make sure that my words and actions respect everyone’s differences?
Some Book Titles about ACCEPTANCE: Click on the titles for the audio versions!
- Same Same But Different: Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw
- It’s Ok to be Different: Todd Parr- (Spanish) (Portuguese)
- Whoever You Are: Mem Fox (Spanish) (Portuguese)
- I am Enough: Grace Byers (Spanish)
- Lovely: Jess Hong (Spanish & English)
- Mixed: A Colorful Story: Arree Chung (Spanish)
- The World’s Family: Miranda Paul
- All My Stipes: Shaina Rudolph and Danielle Royer
- The Name Jar: Yangsook Choi
- The World Needs More Purple People: Kristen Bell & Benjamin Hart
- A Boy and a Jaguar: Alan Rabinowitz
- Since We’re Friends: An Autism Picture Book: Celeste Shally
- Jacob’s New Dress: Ian & Sarah Hoffman
- Red: A Crayon’s Story: Michael Hall
Here is a link that may be helpful to keep up with which states are allowable for travel at a given time.
ParentTeacherOrganization Join our WebSite
Do you want to be able to connect with other parents in your child's classroom? Are you interested in volunteering at a PTO event? Do you want to buy tickets or register for PTO Events? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then visit http://www.kingpto.com today and join the school directory!
Any questions emails email@example.com
Dates to Remember
- 7th - Early Release: Parent Conferences
- 12th- School Council: 6:00pm-7:00pm
- 13th- PTO Meeting: 7:00pm-8:00pm
- 14th- Early Release: Parent Conferences
- 18th- No School: MLK Jr. Day
- 19th- No School: Professional Development
- 9th- School Council: 6:00pm-7:00pm
- 10th- PTO Meeting: 7:00pm-8:00pm
- 15th- No School: Presidents' Day
- 16th-19th- February Recess
King School Hours
School Hours 9:05am - 3:20pm
Early Release Days
- Students who are learning remotely are dismissed at 12:00pm. Students who are learning in-person are dismissed at 12:55pm. Lunch IS served.
- Early Release Thursdays: 1/7/21, 1/14/21, 3/11/21, 4/29/21, 5/6/21, 5/13/21, 5/20/21, 5/27/21
- Students are dismissed at 12:00pm.
- Lunch IS NOT served.
- Half Days: 11/25 and the last day of school.