Clara Love Family Newsletter
Join REMIND for TEXT Messages
We are using the REMIND App this year to make communication more accessible to Love families. We will still send monthly email newsletters, but the REMIND App will help keep you posted on events in real time. Download the REMIND App and join using this REMIND Link or by texting:
@loveelems to 81010
Reminders of COVID procedures
As we continue the start of our second semester, we have seen an uptick in COVID cases reported to the district as a result of the new variant quickly spreading nationwide. In light of this, please remember these important aspects of our COVID procedures and support:
· Reporting COVID Results: Reporting positive COVID results helps us monitor cases at each school and inform potential close contacts. Please report any positive COVID results using this form.
· Don’t Attend if Sick or Awaiting Results: If a student or staff member is exhibiting symptoms or awaiting COVID test results, please do not come to school. This helps prevent potential COVID spread, and keeping our students and staff safe and healthy is our top priority.
· Testing at School: If a student or staff member begins exhibiting symptoms at school, he or she can receive a COVID test in the school nurse’s office. Consent forms for these tests are available on our COVID website. To reiterate the prior point, however, do not come to school if already sick – please seek an external testing location.
· In-District Testing: A testing location is available in the parking lot of Old Texan Stadium, across the street from Northwest ISD Stadium. This program, operated by a third-party vendor, is free for a general COVID test. Information about this location is available on our website.
Provide Input on our Next Superintendent
This anonymous survey, available online, asks for your views about Northwest ISD and what you believe are important qualities for the district’s next leader. This feedback will be used to create a candidate profile the Northwest ISD Board of Trustees will use to guide its search for the next superintendent.
Leasor Crass, the search firm assisting trustees in this process, will also meet with leaders in the district, schools (including student council and class leaders) and the community for further insight.
Northwest ISD’s next superintendent will be selected in the spring, and he or she will work with Dr. Ryder Warren, current superintendent, to provide a smooth leadership transition. More information about the search process will be communicated to families in the coming weeks.
Arrival and Dismissal Reminders
* Do NOT park at school entrance or on Elementary Drive during dismissal to pick up walkers.
* Please pull forward to the BUCKLE ZONE to assist your child. DO NOT EXIT THE VEHICLE to buckle your child in the loading zone.
*Ride changes need to be emailed to email@example.com BEFORE 2:15 PM to guarantee delivery.