Volumen 12, Edicion 4 - Septiembre 28, 2018
Minutos de Mrs. Hutchins
Immersion Education – Teaching academic content in another language
Hello Fronteras Families!
What a fantastic week together! The finale for our Heritage Celebration is quickly approaching! We are so grateful for all the support you are showing our students and staff already! Be watching for announcements from staff about potluck dates and times! We hope you will join us in the gym on the 12th for all that has been planned! Please contact your child’s teacher with any questions.
Thank you to everyone who assisted with school pictures on Thursday! Everything ran super smooth! Your time is greatly appreciated!
Today, the current 7th grade class went to Putter’s Wild in Anchorage as we were unable to work that reward into our spring schedule last year. These students raised the most funds for our Believe Kids fundraiser and earned a day together at Putter’s Wild. We had a fabulous time together; enjoy the fun photos throughout the newsletter! This year’s Believe Kids fundraiser begins Thursday, October 4th and will run through Friday, October 19th. Thank you to parent Misty Adams for leading this fabulous fundraiser!
Next Friday is an Early Release day. Students are dismissed at 12:30pm. There is no bus to Boys and Girls Club on early release days, so please make other afternoon transportation arrangements needed.
Thank you to parent Raeanne Stephens for offering a special early release after school club. Middle School students will be assisting with this club. All funds raised support the middle school Puerto Rico trip.
“Spend some quiet moments in gratitude for your friends, your health, your happiness, your home, and all the blessings in your life.” -Anonymous
Mrs. Hutchins, Mrs. Adams and Ms. Pierce enjoying their tee time at Putter's Wild!
Fronteras' 7th grade class enjoying their much earned field trip to Putter's Wild!
Even the best golfers need to refuel!
Fall Scholastic Book Fair
You can also shop online October 7th to October 20th by clicking on the link below to our Scholastic Online Book Fair!
Would you like to volunteer to help with the book fair? Let the front desk staff know! We will need help setting up, running the register, and packing up!!
National Hispanic Heritage Month
CELEBRACION DE LA HERENCIA HISPANA
September 17- October 12
· One day celebration
· One country per teacher gives us 14 countries.
· One country per Special teachers (Art, music, and PE- “play Hispanic games jumping rope, etc ”) 3 countries
· One country per office (front office, SPED office, Spanish office, Math tutor office) 4 countries – Decoration only.
Total 21 countries
· Traditional country animal representing each class to decorate hallways
· School wide daily activity (Sabias que—Did you know…) fun facts!
· Staff dance
In order for students to have fun learning, Fronteras will start a school wide daily activity:
Sabias que…. Did you know that.....
· Start Monday September 17, one of the Spanish tutors and Mrs. Bang will announce two fun facts about a specific animal in a Hispanic country in the morning.
· During the day, classes will search and discuss which country those facts may belong to.
· At the end of the day, each class will leave their answer of the daily “SABIAS QUE”; inside of our mundo (world) by the Spanish tutor’s office.
· The next day tutors will announce the correct answer and the classes with the correct answer will be into a drawing on Friday.
· The class who wins the drawing will get an empty piñata to use at any time during the month. ( Teachers will ask parents for donations to help fill the piñata)
Note: * By Monday October 12, Fronteras would have covered the 21 Hispanic countries.
Classrooms Celebrations! (During the month)
To keep students immersed in the culture, teachers will choose one afternoon per week during this month to celebrate their country by creating crafts, watching videos, listening music, potluck, doing piñatas, decorating hallways, doors, doing poster, practicing dancing, creating traditional dress, etc to present to the school on the final day, Friday, October 13. (Inviting parents to volunteer)
A Fronteras Spotlight!
Good Job, Hunter! Keep up the great work!