April 4th-8th, 2016
MJHS Vision Statement
Thought of the Week
Week At A Glance
4/4/16- ENCORE, Literacy Council Canceled
4/6/16- Dr. Riddile and Learning Lab
4/7/16- Dr. Riddile, PEARLS Interest Meeting after school
4/8/16- Student 1/2 Day- PD- Behavior Queen at JOJ (details coming!)
Save The Date
4/12/16- Parent Pow-Wow
4/13/16- Learning Lab
4/18/16- Progress Reports Go Home, ASPIRE Practice
4/20/16- Learning Lab- MANDATORY TESTING TRAINING!!!!
4/22/16- Snow Day
4/25-4/29- STAR Reading and Math
4/28/16- Algebra I EOC & PLTW Robotics Competition
4/29/16- Final Friday Block Out
We Should Do This! Ours Would Be AMAZING!
- Please make sure you turn in your extra Gold Paws at the end of each week to Ms. Lovelace!
- Sub Tubs- please make sure that your sub tub is up to date and in Mrs. Matthews office!
- Covering your duty- Please make sure that if you are going to be out for any reason that you get a teammate to cover your duty!
- Grades- 1 per week- Please make sure that you are putting at least one grade per week into INOW.
- Do Now- Please make sure that your Do Now is text based, has 3 levels of questions and that it is timed. Do Now- 1st 10 minutes of class.
- 90 Minutes of instruction- Please make sure that you are planning 90 minutes of Bell to Bell instruction. It is always better to over plan. Ask yourself these questions when planning a lesson...
- What do I want my students to know and be able to do? How will I know if they have learned it? How will I know if they have not learned it? What am I going to do if they did learn it? What am I going to do if they didn't learn it? What am I going to do if some students finish early? Students should ALWAYS have something to do!!!
- Class One Offenses- Please make sure that you are calling parents, talking to students, clearly stating your expectations, and documenting what you do to redirect the student. All of this helps immensley if a student needs further assistance from an administrator.
- Positive PAWS- Please don't forget to sign and make a note on student's green cards. Thank you!
- Don't forget about the GOLD PAWS!!