Husky Summer Service Series
Stay engaged this summer!
This summer, stay engaged with UW Bothell and our community with these unique service opportunities!
- Maltby Community Garden Work Party - A community member who has lost almost everything, including her food stamps and her house still in foreclosure, has NOT lost her spirit and love for others! She is opening up her entire 1.5 property to create a community garden, and it still needs a lot of work. With the support of Sustainable Bothell, volunteers will maintain the garden, create more raised beds, and pick the produce to provide to local food banks.
- Northshore Summer Lunch Program - Kids in the Northshore School District who would usually receive free or reduced lunches while in school, have little options for not going hungry during the summer. The Summer Meals Program feeds kids and teens18 years and under. Each day, the Northshore YMCA will provide lunches and fun activities for youth over the summer. The Summer Lunch Program needs our help to serve our communities' families this summer!
- Northshore Back to School Fair; Wednesday, August 15th - Do you remember how intimidating it was to go back to school on the first day in elementary? The Northshore School District and many other local networks have decided to come together to provide a free, fun and informative celebration with family, friends and the Northshore community! With this service project, we will enable youth to be prepared to go back to school, provide families with necessary community resources, support the community efforts, and encourage students to continue with their education.
- Northshore Community Serve Day; Saturday, August 25th - What is CommunitySERVE Day? It is the local church, PTSA's, businesses, community organizations, and individuals from the community reaching out TOGETHER to serve in practical ways: Helping teachers set-up their classrooms for the fall; Improving under-resourced schools with painting and landscaping; Other great opportunities
- Thursday, July 12th, 11am - Summer Meals Program
- Wednesday, July 18th, 5pm - Maltby Community Garden Work Party
- Thursday, July 26th, 11am - Summer Meals Program
- Wednesday, August 1st, 5pm - Maltby Community Garden Work Party
- Thursday, August 9th, 11am - Summer Meals Program
- Wednesday, August 15th, 3pm - Northshore Back to School Fair
- Wednesday, August 22nd, 5pm - Maltby Community Garden Work Party
- Saturday, August 25th, 11am - Community Serve Day
- Wednesday, August 30th, 11am - Summer Meals Program
- Thursday, September 5th, 5pm - Maltby Community Garden Work Party
- Northshore YMCA
- Northshore School District
- Sustainable Bothell
UW Bothell Husky Summer Service Series
Thursday, July 19th 2012 at 5pm to Thursday, Sep. 6th 2012 at 7pm
11815 Campus Way Northeast
Register for one or all of the service projects at CBLR@uwb.edu to participate in the Husky Summer Service Series! OR COMMENT BELOW WITH YOUR NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS, AND DESIRED PROJECT(S) AND WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH MORE INFORMATION!