Gypsy moth also known as Lymantria Dispar
The Gypsy Moth
- The Gypsy Moth also known as the Lymantria Dispar is a Moth that originated from Europe and Asia.
- They currently reside in Massachusetts mostly but are in the top eastern states too.
- They can get spread around by the wind when they are caterpillars or there eggs are layed on something that gets moved by getting loaded onto a vehicle or something like that.
- They slowly eat away at the bark of the trees and after a while it kills the tree.
- They are currently being controlled by a chemical called spinosad.