Ranger Bulletin; March 13, 2020
From The Principal
The purpose of this news bulletin is to reinforce district communication connected to school closure. MSD Warren Township sent the following information via email to Warren families Friday afternoon, March 13:
Warren Families, Caregivers and Staff,
As you are aware, all MSD Warren schools and buildings have closed starting today March 13th through April 5th working under the guidance of our local and state health departments. We understand that this announcement happened after school hours on Thursday and there may be personal items that students and staff need during this time. On Monday, March 16th, all buildings will be open from noon to 5:00 PM for staff and families to come in and pick up what they need. Nurses will be at schools during this time if parents need to pick up medications or health items. After 5:00 PM on Monday, March 16th, all buildings will be closed with no access until April 6th. All programs, activities and practices have been canceled during this time frame as well. Please make sure you gather needed items during this time frame. We will continue to communicate updates as we have them.
As a reminder, on each of the days, March 16th - 20th, a free grab and go lunch will be provided for all MSD Warren students and available for pick up at Warren Central High School, door 1, from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
Ranger Patrons who will be visiting Raymond Park between 12pm and 5pm on Monday to retrieve materials should park in the main parking lot and enter the building through entrance #1 (flagpole entrance). Please note that Monday's visit should be short and strictly for the purpose of gathering needed materials or medication.
When school dismissed on Thursday, March 12, it was not yet known that our next day of school would not be scheduled until April 6. Typically, I take the opportunity to extend both personal and announced well-wishes as well as directives to "Be safe!" to our kiddos before an extended break. Though I was unable to do so to the extent that I would have desired before this extended spring break, I would like to wish everyone within readership of this message to please be careful and to be good to each other in the days ahead. I look forward to seeing the return of our Ranger students on Monday, April 6!
Statement Regarding the Cancellation of Out-of-State Field Trips
Under guidance from the CDC, the decision to cancel out-of-state field trips for the remainder of the school year was made based on the rapidly evolving nature of the Coronavirus outbreak and with overall concern for the health and safety of our students and staff. In addition to the risk of exposure during the trip, student travelers could become unexpectedly subject to additional travel restrictions while away from home and the possibility of remaining quarantined after returning from the trip.
At Raymond Park, the following out-of-state trips are canceled:
- Washington DC (8th grade), March 18
- Chicago (7th grade), May 26
- Cincinnati (6th grade), May 15
- Louisville (5th grade), May 8
The timing of the decision was made to allow for the greatest amount of refund for families in relation to the scheduled departure of the trips. Working closely with the partnering touring company, Appian Tours, refund rates for canceled trips will be as follows:
- The Washington DC trip will be refunded in full, less the $50 non-refundable deposit used for unrecoverable expenses, by canceling more than 7 days in advance of the trip. The refund rate would have dropped to 50% if cancellation occurred within a week of the trip.
- The trips to Chicago, Cincinnati and Louisville will be refunded in full, less the $25 non-refundable deposit that was used for unrecoverable expenses.
- A statement from Appian Tours is shared to provide greater explanation of the unrecoverable fees.
The refund process originally communicated for the Washington DC trip has been updated due to the closure of school, such that families may receive refund money in a more timely fashion. Refunds for all out-of-state trips will be issued by Appian Tours using the following process:
1. All Washington DC payments that were made by cash, check or credit card and credit card payments (older than 3 months) for the trips to Chicago, Cincinnati and Louisville will be refunded with a check for the amount paid and to the person(s) who made payments. Payments made within the last three months via credit card toward the Chicago, Cincinnati and Louisville trips will be refunded directly to the credit card used for payment.
2. The non-refundable fee ($50, Washington; $25 Chicago, Cincinnati and Louisville) will come from the initial payment that was made at sign-up.
3. Refund checks will be mailed directly from Appian Tours to persons making payments.
4. Students that purchased trip insurance will receive a 100% refund for the canceled trip. Appian Tours will assist in the process of obtaining a portion of the refund coming from the insurance company.
Thank you for your understanding of the circumstances that contributed to the difficult decision to cancel the trips and to this change in the refund process to help families recover money sooner. Please contact me directly at 317.532.8904 or at email@example.com with questions about the trip. Please contact Appian Tours at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the refund process.
RPI&MS 5th -8th grade 19-20 Yearbooks on sale now!
Order your 5th -8th grade combined RPI&MS yearbook today!!!
You can order online at ybpay.lifetouch.com - yearbook ID code is 10818420
You can also order by sending in a check made payable to Lifetouch.
A basic paperback yearbook costs $20 and is only a $5 charge to add a hardcover!
Please see Mrs. Simala or Mr. Brooks with your yearbook questions.
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Mrs. Jina Simmons - 5th Grade Level Administrator
Mr. Andrew McAulay - 5th Grade Counselor
Mrs. April Price - 6th Grade Level Administrator
Ms. Katie Piatt - 6th Grade Counselor
Mr. Bill Halpin - 7th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Iris Parrish -7th Grade Counselor
Dr. Leondra Radford - 8th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Adrienne Mathews - 8th Grade Counselor
Lisa Stewart - Nurse