Tech Tips #8
Week of November 11, 2013
Pinterest is a pinboard style social bookmarking website that allows users to create and manage collections based on events, interests, and hobbies. Users can browse, save, and share resources from any site. Accounts are FREE to create.
Twitter is a social networking service that allows users to send and read short messages limited to 140 characters. Registered users can read and send messages. Unregistered users can only read them.
Searching twitter by hashtags are a great way to find resources shared by fellow educators from around the world on a variety of topics.
- Twitter Search of #iPadEd - iPad in Education
- Twitter Search of #iOSEdApp - iOS Education Apps
- Twitter Search of #GAFE - Google Apps for Education
- Twitter Search of #EngChat - Chat for English Teachers
- Twitter Search of #MathChat - Chat for Math Teachers
- Twitter Search of #SciChat - Chat for Science Teachers
- Twitter Search of #SSChat - Chat for Social Studies Teachers
TED-Ed contains over 300 original videos and lessons on a variety of topics. It also includes over 40,000 lesson flips of TED Talks and other YouTube videos.
Teaching Channel is an online service that delivers professional development videos for teachers. The sites hots videos that showcase inspiring teachers and a community for educators to share ideas and best practices. Sign-up for a FREE account to download FREE lesson plans and student materials.