Every Learner--Every Day
Week at a Glance...
Monday, October 17
- Work Day!!!!!!
- 8:30-9:30- Growth Plan Meetings- Meet in library for instructions
- Rest of the day is work time (You can come in as early as 6AM-no earlier)
Tuesday, October 18
- 3rd Grade Penny War all week
- Mike Rutherford & Title I Principals visit Watkins from 11:30-3:15- using room 111 & observing in Acevedo and Bolinger
- K/1 on Campbell Farm Field Trip
- Committee Meetings @ 4PM
- Girl Scouts in Art room at 4:30PM
- Don't Meth With Us Presentation @ 10AM in library for 5th Grade
- Weekly SPED Meeting @ 2PM in library
- Janine heads to CPR Training after announcements
- Boy Scout Meeting @ 6:30PM in APR
Thursday, October 20
- Janine at dentist with daughter in morning- back by 10:30ish
- Fire Safety Day in APR (PE outside)-see e-mailed schedule
Friday, October 21
- School Picture Day
- Janine, Lola, Liz and Amy attend Effectively Responding to Student Misbehaviors until 11:30AM
- Fall Festival!!!!! All certified staff must attend
Teacher Morning Duty
APR: Perez & Matz
- Thank you to everyone for holding down the fort while I was out two days this past week. You all rock!
- Thanks to the 4th and 5th grade team for helping Sarah's subs while she was out...I know she appreciated it.
- Thanks to Jodi, Liz, Krista and Manden for being Lead Teachers at different points this week.
Start with Higher-Order Thinking
Below is an excellent article from Educational Leadership about how to effectively lesson plan while keeping higher order thinking skills a priority. Take a minute to read it!