The New Age Professional Development - Learning On the Go
- Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging service that allows users to send short (140 characters max) messages.
- With the HUSTLE & BUSTLE of life, it is often hard to commit to and attend formally structured professional learning events. For educators, Twitter is a Professional Learning Network that is accessible 24 hours a day-7 days a week!
- CLICK HERE to access the sign-up page to and create an account.
- If you are planning to use Twitter for professional purposes only, keep that in mind when entering your email address and creating your username.
- Confirm your Twitter account via the email address that you provided.
Username Can Be Changed Anytime
Edit Your Profile (You Don't Want to Stay an EGG Head)
- When logged into your account, click the Gear Symbol in the upper right corner.
- Click Settings.
- Click Profile on the left menu of items.
- Update your photo and/or header image.
- Update your name, location, and/or bio (quote, hobbies, job, etc.)
- Click the Save Changes button.
The picture and bio are public. This is what people will view and use to determine whether or not to follow you.
Suggested People to Follow
Local People to Follow (Madison County)
@MadCoSchools - Madison County Schools
@SuptMattMassey - Matt Massey, MCBOE Superintendent
@Brettbchapman - Brett Chapman, HES Principal
@CalebenBeth - Elizabeth Cantrell, HES Assistant Principal
@HarvestElem - Harvest Elementary School
@HarvestElemLMC - HES Library
@Vsullivan - Vickey Sullivan, MCBOE Instructional Technology
@HMCEMA - Madison County EMA
Suggested State Persons To Follow (Alabama)
@GovernorBentley - Robert Bentley, Alabama Governor
@AlabamaDeptofEd - Alabama Department of Education
@TBice - Dr. Bice, Alabama Superintendent of Education
Other Educational Suggestions - Pick What You Like :-)
@21stCenturyTch - 21st Century Teacher
@rmbyrne - Free Technology for Teachers Blog Writer
@RemindHQ- Remind 101
@SkypeClassroom- Skype Collaboration for Teachers
@CommonSense- Common Sense Media
@ALEX_Education- Alabama Learning Exchange
Hashtag Guide for Teachers
Courtney Winn Hamilton
Harvest Elementary School
Technology Integration Mentor