By: Darius Micks
definition and function
- Meat and Fish
- Nuts and seeds
signs of lack of protein
- You’re tired when you shouldn’t be.
- You’re weak when you do strenuous activity.
- You’re flabby where you used to be muscular.
- You’re getting injured and not recovering quickly.
- Your hair is falling out.
signs of too much protein
- weight gain
- Intestinal irritation
- increase in liver enzymes
- nutritional deficiencies
- risk of heart disease
- kidney problems
P - Protein helps the body function
R - Repairs injured cells and makes new ones
O - only 4 calories in a gram of protein
T - There are nine essential amino acids
E - eggs are a good source of protein
I - intestinal indigestion
N - Nutrients from protein are a neccessity
- Approximately 18 to 20 percent of a persons body weight is due to proteins
- Protein provides about 10 to 35 percent of calories needed everyday.
- Each gram of protein provides 4 calories
- The lifespan of proteins is only two days or less.
High protein diet helps you lose weight. Protein rich foods make you feel fuller for a long time and hence you eat less.