by Jeffrey k.
what is wind?
wind is natural movement of the air.wind is caused by differences in the atmospheric pressure. When a difference in atmospheric pressure exists, air moves from the higher to the lower pressure area, resulting in winds of various speeds. On a rotating planet, air will also be deflected by the Coriolis effect, except exactly on the equator.
- a local wind is a type of wind
- a local wind is caused by unequal heating of the earths surface
- land breeze blows closer to the ground
- since sea takes longer to cool it will rise higher than the land did
- global winds are comprised of three prevailing winds :Trade winds, Westerlies, and Polar Easterlies.
- All wind is caused by the uneven heating of Earth's surface, which sets convection currents in motion. Convection currents on a large scale cause global winds
- the ocean's near the Doldrums are very calm
- the trade winds are winds blowing from the north to the south