cordially invites you to Apples of Gold Afternoon Tea
Apples of Gold Afternoon Tea
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver. Proverbs 25:11
Last year we had our first Afternoon Tea w/ Testimonies and the response was overwhelming to do it again. I am very pleased to say Denise Moose is once again our Hospitality Coordinator and Cindy Baker will be our Tea "MC." To make this year a success we need your participation, because it is YOU who makes this Tea so much fun & worthwhile. To register for this event see link below and select the RSVP that best suits you. Last day to register Sunday, February 14th.
Note: This event is for High School-aged women & up!
RiverLife Fellowship Back Building
Saturday, Feb. 20th, 3-5pm
2487 Charlotte Highway
We need your short story?
The testimony we are asking for is, "What are your apples of gold?"
In 300 words or less, please express how God has revealed His goodness to you, that has caused a significant shift or change in your life. Concisely describe this experience or epiphany moment that resulted from someone speaking a kind word or loving correction, through an action, an experience, movie, song or by revelation etc.
Please include your name, where you are from (originally) and how long you have been here at RLF. Please e-mail to email@example.com by February 12.
Is your delight cooking?
(Google Afternoon or Low Tea menus or check Pinterest to find recipes for an array of “savories.”)
1. Tea sandwiches, small quiches or any non-sweet appetizer [at least 16 servings]
2. Scones (from traditional English to assorted flavors) [at least 16 servings]
Note: we will provide clotted cream & jam unless you indicate otherwise...
3. Petit fours - small confections that include bite size cakes, bar cookies, cookies or sweet pastries. [at least 16 servings]
Would you like to host & decorate a table?
Between you & your friends and maybe a trip to Habitat or Goodwill you will need to supply #1 - 8:
1. A centerpiece
2. Tea pot
3. Cups & saucers (service of 8) -
4. Creamer & Sugar
5. Plate/bowl [for lemons we supply]
7. Table number display [we will assign #’s as you sign-up]
8. Cloth napkins for 8
9. Optional: Doily's/overlay tablecloth/runners (ivory floor length tablecloths supplied)
10. Optional: We will supply plastic plates, water cups & utensils; but yes, if you would like to bring your own china plates & silverware that is up to you.
Note: Also we need you to host your table; make sure everyone is comfortable & the tea pot is full of hot water etc.