1475-1564 by Chris Francis
- Born on march 6, 1475 in Caprese Michelangelo, italy
- - Spent most of his life in Rome
- His father sent him to school to be a scholar, but later studied art.
- he was an engineer, sculptor, painter, poet ,and architect.
- his patrons were Lorenzo de' Midici Pope Julius II, Pope Clement VII
- he studied under Domenico Ghirlandaio
Equestrian statue of Emporer Marcus Aurelius
- created in 168-180 CE
- you can see this piece in the Palazzo dei Conservatori in Rome
- bronze statuary technique was used to create it
- this sculpture shows Humanism because it focuses on Marcus Aurelius
- it is a large greenish statue of an man riding a horse
- I found this sculpture interesting because my parents went to Rome and saw this statue in person